Killer, 13, sent to juvenile detention until age 21

This is a discussion on Killer, 13, sent to juvenile detention until age 21 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Truly shocking!! Killer, 13, sent to juvenile detention until age 21 - CNN.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killer, 13, sent to juvenile detention until age 21

VIP Member

Angry Killer, 13, sent to juvenile detention until age 21

CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

Frickin' sad and unfair... the little twerp should be doing life in prison... period.

I'm a firm believer these people should get punished the very same way they committed the crime. (Perhaps just slower so the pain has a chance to sink in their thick skulls)
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

This is one of the reasons that gangs recruit youngsters as shooters.

This kid will learn nothing in juvy except to become a more daring criminal.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This kid will learn nothing in juvy except to become a more daring criminal.
    +1. This non-punishment will embolden him to do greater evil, next time
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    You know--it would be an interesting study to see if, as a percentage or trend, that younger offenders are more violent -as an age group- than older offenders.

Kids this young are often not mentally mature enough to reliably mentally distinguish between the make-believe "reality" of the violent video-games they play from the actual reality of real life. I'm wondering if potential victims are actually in more danger of being shot or murdered in "cold blood" when confronted by young children like this??

Our society and cultural values place HIGH value on children's lives, and most of us would be reluctant to shoot a child, even if that child did have a gun--again, just wondering if we are more at risk in that scenario????
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Kids this young are often not mentally mature enough to reliably mentally distinguish between the make-believe "reality" of the violent video-games they play from the actual reality of real life.
    At 13, this kid was old enough to know better. Just reflect on yourself at that age, we all knew what right and wrong was.

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

This kid is just getting started,they should just pull the plug on kids like this,I'm pretty sure he will never be POTUS
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Between the hippies and ACLU, suffering consequences are pretty much a thing of the past. We are reaping what we sowed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Hey dukalmighty, with the way this country seems to be going now a days this kid just might become POTUS.

If this was my kid, he'd have already served a sentence very close to the death penalty.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I just heard that story tonight on the 10 o clock news. After I heard that, I turned to my father and said, "the CRJ system is a joke". To me, this is a double hit for the family of the person that he killed. Not only do the family have to deal with the fact that their daughter is gone forever, they also have to deal with the fact that the person that killed their daughter may be free in less than 10 years. Why is it that the hippie pot smokers that hasn't did nothing wrong get the book thrown at them but yet the rapist, murders, and stick-up man get treated "softly". I can't even put in words how I feel about this topic. I can only hope that the family can over come their hurt and pain.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Maybe his next victim will be armed and give him a one way ticket to Hades

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Criminals do play the justice system. I am for judging a person based solely on the crime committed. In this case murder. Age, ethnicity, sex, height, weight, shoe size, favorite color, and motivation ($$$, revenge, jealousy, hate) shouldn't matter. I judge people based on the way they act. I don't care what is in their head.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

I think the Judge did the best thing they could under the circumstances, especially her comment on if he commits a felony while in custody.

Here, if they are 13 yrs old they cannot be tired or sentenced as an adult. However, if they are 14 and it's a case such as murder they can be, or if they have 2 or more felonies. I"m wondering if that's similar to what the laws are there that the Judge is stuck with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links