Jeremy London's kidnapping horror

This is a discussion on Jeremy London's kidnapping horror within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm shocked that this did not make it the forum yesterday considering it's been all over the major news... ~~~ As reported by ABCNews.com: Jeremy ...

Thread: Jeremy London's kidnapping horror

I'm shocked that this did not make it the forum yesterday considering it's been all over the major news...

~~~

As reported by ABCNews.com:

Jeremy London was involved in a real-life drama that rivals anything that ever happened on "Party of Five" or "Seventh Heaven." According to police who spoke to RadarOnline.com, the actor was abducted and robbed by an armed bandit who forced him to smoke marijuana and drink alcohol. London, 37, was kidnapped after a man saw him on the side of the road attempting to change a flat tire. The man then drove London to a gang-ridden area of Palm Springs, California while pointing a gun at the actor's head. London managed to escape five hours later. "He spent hours thinking he was going to die and he did what he had to do not to end up shot or dead," a source told RadarOnline. (Charley Gallay/WireImage/Getty Images)

Source - Jeremy London's Kidnapping Horror - ABC News

Also reported at - Brandon Adams Pleads NOT GUILTY To Kidnapping Jeremy London

Anytime, anyone, anywhere...

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Too bad you can't really protect yourself in California!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I've read a few accounts of this so far. Thay all add up a bit strangely to me.
    I hate to think badly of people, but he's "recovering" from a drug problem. I'm wondering if he didn't just get jacked trying to score from the wrong people.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

VIP Member
    Did anyone watch the HBO series "Six Feet Under?" There was an episode where a similar thing happened to one of the main characters - he was abjucted and forced at gunpoint to smoke crack... If I were a cynical type, I might think this was a stretching of the truth.

But, as I'm not, I wish him well and hope he recovers from what must surely be some severe emotional trauma...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by MSteve View Post
    ...I'm wondering if he didn't just get jacked trying to score from the wrong people.
    That too was my first thought considering well he's an 'actor' (!) by profession and this is CA and since when did dudes out there learn how to muchless will change their own tire, as rather than call OnStar or a personal assistant or some other to come do the work for them? Hmm.

As well why did he accept help from "several men" and where did they come from. Why did they have no car of their own (first sign of trouble). As well just give them a couple of bucks and be on your way, why give them a lift to anywhere...all of them so that they can over power yiu in your own ride (!).

Then there is the they forced me to drink alcohol and ingest marijuana.

Some crooks did that to Denzel Washington in a movie back in the mid 90s co-starring John Lithgow.
    It was funny then and it remains funny now.

Even still I'll give dude benefit of a doubt. : \

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I started to post it but something just doesn't smell right to me for some reason.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    The humanitarian in me hopes he is OK and they find the BG.... the cynic in me is pretty sure that he is full of bull(oney) and just wanted to get wasted... hope I am wrong, cause if I am not, he has just pulled first responders from possibly preventing some other, real, tragedy.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Too bad you can't really protect yourself in California!
    I'd beg to differ amigo.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Barring any new information...I wonder if he tried to disarm an OCer at a big box store?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links