Comifornia wtg

This is a discussion on Comifornia wtg within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man shoots 4 people, self at fast food restaurant - Yahoo! News SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. A man carrying two guns walked inside a Southern ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comifornia wtg

VIP Member

Thumbs down Comifornia wtg

Man shoots 4 people, self at fast food restaurant - Yahoo! News

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. A man carrying two guns walked inside a Southern California fast food restaurant and shot four people who were eating lunch together, killing two including an 8-year-old boy before turning the gun on himself, police said Saturday.

The 56-year-old man arrived at the Del Taco restaurant in San Bernardino on a bike at about 1 p.m., walked over to a table and shot a man, a 29-year-old woman, her 5-year-old son and her 8-year-old son, San Bernardino police Lt. Jarrod Burguan said.

The man eating with the group was declared dead at the restaurant and the 8-year-old was declared dead at a hospital, San Bernardino Fire Department spokesman Steve Tracey said.

The woman, the 5-year-old boy and the gunman were hospitalized in critical condition, Tracey said. The names of the victims and the shooter weren't released and the relationships of the dead man and the gunman to the victims wasn't immediately clear.

Police said several other people were in the restaurant, but the gunman clearly walked in seeking the four victims.

Owners of nearby businesses said horrified patrons streamed out of the restaurant after the shots were fired.

"I saw some people yelling and all of a sudden I heard 'boom, boom, boom, boom'," Jorge Garcia, who works at a recycling trailer in the same parking lot as the restaurant, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise. "I saw two employees run out of the employee door and then I saw 8 or 10 people run out of the restaurant and across the street."

2. Remove Ads

California, Shooter has gun because he doesn't care about breaking the law. Victims are dead because they do care about the law and had no gun to protect themselves. Makes perfect sense to me!

How long will it take for them to get their head out of their a$$?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    How long will it take for them to get their head out of their a$$?
    I doubt they ever will and we will get to continue to read stories such as this.

How one could kill a child is beyond me.

notice how they specifically said HER children, not the man's. I'd speculate that the shooter was an Ex, and possibly the father :/....very sad...he shot in th wrong order..he should have turned the gun on himself first. he'll be surprised when he wakes up in a hospital cuffed...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    notice how they specifically said HER children, not the man's. I'd speculate that the shooter was an Ex, and possibly the father :/....very sad...he shot in th wrong order..he should have turned the gun on himself first. he'll be surprised when he wakes up in a hospital cuffed...
    I think you nailed it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

What a terrible story. Too bad the california gov will look at this story and decide they need more gun control, because obviously they don't have enough if something like this can still happen.
    My prayers for the victims and family.

Left a comment related to this article on Yahoo News. (EDIT: corrected copy)

Attention gun control fanatics:

"The gunman, who is from Lancaster in northern Los Angeles County, had an extensive criminal record dating back to 1972 that included assault with a deadly weapon and a restraining order taken out by a co-worker."

The shooting took place in San Bernardino county in California, where LEGIT concealed carry "permit" is, according to a California gun rights forum, considerably 'relaxed' on permit issuance provided criteria is met, whereas Los Angeles and other coastal/inland counties such as Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Solano, Yolo, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Contra Costa, Alameda, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, San Benito, Monterey, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Orange, San Diego, Imperial, and San Francisco are TIGHTLY RESTRICTED and IMPOSSIBLE to gain regardless of qualification, except for the wealthy, famous, or significantly connected (with extremely rare exception for the average citizens who provide documentation of danger by other(s) in a few aforementioned counties).

The murderer exploited a loophole by somehow circumventing the law to carry out suicide-murder.

How do they react? Call for more gun control, which have the opposite effect, because criminals will always have the alternative means to possess firearms and dangerous weapons.

I am a 2nd Amendment fundamentalist, and California is a perfect model for gun control, because it is in essence a Communist state courtesy of misguided liberals who disregard reality and force their views to institute "utopia" where there's always "peace, social justice, equality, and violence ban". Real world do not operate like this. Evil and ill intentions always exist in all of humankind, and this simple fact do not faze liberals.

Call for draconian gun/weapon control proves liberalism is a mental disorder not persuaded by reality but IDEOLOGY guided by irrational emotional appeal and philosophy misconstrued as "rationalism" (i.e. humanities professors, illegal alien supporters and gun control fanatics). Empiricism is a superior, realistic, and much crueler fact.

San Bernardino is not in Los Angeles county.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    San Bernardino is not in Los Angeles county.
    Blame Associated Press writer who put the first two capitalized words to indicate location. I assumed it took place in L.A. However, either AP writer was misleading, or report was simply filed in L.A.

I posted a corrected, revised commentary.

If the commentary is considered "politically offensive" in this forum that focus on gun rights amid differing political attitudes by forum users, delete my preceding post above.

How one could kill a child is beyond me.
    It may be beyond you, but not all of us.

If that child is a lethal threat it needs to be dealt with as such. If you play "big kid" games, expect "big kid" rules to be enforced.

Biker

It wasn't me folks. Just sayin' for the record.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    Blame Associated Press writer who put the first two capitalized words to indicate location. I assumed it took place in L.A. However, either AP writer was misleading, or report was simply filed in L.A.

I posted a corrected, revised commentary.

If the commentary is considered "politically offensive" in this forum that focus on gun rights amid differing political attitudes by forum users, delete my preceding post above.
    They do it all the time. Not your fault.

It's all the L.A. area. AKA It's the scary guns not the criminal area.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Here is an update on the story.
    Boy, 2 men dead after Calif. restaurant shooting - Crime & courts- msnbc.com
    The man was the stepfather of the woman, who was out with her family. shooter has died.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdogg View Post
    Left a comment related to this article on Yahoo News. (EDIT: corrected copy)

Sorry, it started off nice but then ended as a sensless and illogial foaming at the mouth conservative rant...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links