The latest from His Dishonor Mayor daley

This is a discussion on The latest from His Dishonor Mayor daley within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mein Führer has spoken. Chicago not done fighting if court strikes gun ban CHICAGO (AP) — If the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Chicago's handgun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The latest from His Dishonor Mayor daley

VIP Member

The latest from His Dishonor Mayor daley

Mein Führer has spoken.

Chicago not done fighting if court strikes gun ban

CHICAGO (AP) — If the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Chicago's handgun ban, the city will likely do what Washington, D.C., did when its own ban was overturned two years ago: Put in place all sorts of regulations and restrictions to make it tougher to buy guns and easier for police to know who has them.

"We're not going to roll over," Chicago Mayor Richard Daley told The Associated Press.

Daley and city officials would not say specifically what plans they have in mind if the Supreme Court rules against the city next week. But what's obvious to pretty much everyone involved is that a ruling favorable to Chicago gun rights supporters will lead to a new round of legislation — and lawsuits.

"Just like they did in Washington, D.C., the city of Chicago is going to try to make it as difficult and discouraging as humanly possible to keep people from having guns in their homes for personal protection," said Dave Workman, spokesman for the Bellevue, Washington-based Second Amendment Foundation.

He can count on it.

Since the ban was lifted in D.C., just over 800 guns have been registered in city. The relatively low total comes as the district has passed a slew of new requirements such as training, a test for prospective gun owners and ballistic tests for the guns they buy.

"The Supreme Court tore down the wall, and D.C. built up 95 percent of it again," said Richard Gardiner, who is suing the district over the new laws on behalf of Dick Heller, the plaintiff in the original case.

Another reason Chicago will likely follow D.C.'s lead is Daley himself. The mayor is one of the nation's most vocal gun control advocates and has shown a willingness to wield his substantial power.

For example, a few years ago he ended the debate over whether a small airport along Lake Michigan should be turned into a park as he wanted by dispatching bulldozers in the middle of the night to carve huge X-shaped divots in the runway.

Daley will be even more motivated to act now. For one thing, while the city's murder rate has dropped in recent years, it is still one of the highest in the country. Also, the possible lifting of the ban comes at time when residents could be eager to arm themselves.
    More here: EarthLink - U.S. News
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

I hope they go bankrupt

<snip>
    Another reason Chicago will likely follow D.C.'s lead is Daley himself. The mayor is one of the nation's most vocal gun control advocates and has shown a willingness to wield his substantial power.

For example, a few years ago he ended the debate over whether a small airport along Lake Michigan should be turned into a park as he wanted by dispatching bulldozers in the middle of the night to carve huge X-shaped divots in the runway.
    <snip>
    It seems as though Mayor Daley has gotten a wee bit big for his britches...

Brian

Use the search feature

Repost

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 45tek View Post
    Repost
    Did search first but did not find a similar article.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

How is it that the people of Chicago continue to vote for this guy?
    Who has he run against; Scooby Doo, Shaggy and Barney Fife?!

What is wrong with Chicago?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    It's hard to out vote all the dead people that show up on election day.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I hope they go bankrupt
    They'll either go bankrupt or ask obama to print some money up for them. Money that we'll have to pay (or be taxed) for.

Illinois' pension crisis is "the sun that blocks out the moon -- it eclipses everything in sight," a business group warned Tuesday, hours after the state's credit rating was downgraded again.
    But it warns that the $150 billion state debt -- $130 billion of which relates to unfunded pension and retiree benefit obligations -- will keep growing until voters hold legislators accountable.

Pension crisis scares off businesses: group :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES ::

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    They'll either go bankrupt or ask obama to print some money up for them. Money that we'll have to pay (or be taxed) for.

^^^ Exactly. Sad and wrong on so many levels but true. Federal bail out the corrupt, non-fiscally responsible blue states.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Remember Dan Rostenkowski from Chicago. I am surprised that they don't elect him again. He served 17 months in a Federal Prison, but Clinton pardoned him in 2000, so I guess he is no longer a felon.

He still receives his federal retirement of between $97,000 and $125,000 per year.

Just Chicago politics.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    It would be so nice if SCOTUS got fed up with his blowhardness and targeted future regulations specifically in their decision.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

It would be so nice if SCOTUS got fed up with his blowhardness and targeted future regulations specifically in their decision.
    not sure if the Court has THAT much power. it will likely take a long time to do this.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I was born(in 1943 ) and raised in Chicago and lived in a suburb until I retired to Florida in 1998. Daley is the only name I remember for any mayor in all those years. Reason enough for term limits!

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Umm atleast this tells you that there is some insider information that they have lost the defense case and McDonalds team is winning or has won.

I dont care what regulations the city imposes. That is another battle for another day. What I care is the SCOTUS rules once again in favor of 2A.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

First his ol'man helped get JFK elected with the help of some dead people,now this knucklehead continues the "legacy". I'm from NY, and there have been some whopper Mayors,but Chicago takes the cake. Did I forget Blago(and the previous(?) Gov..who is doing time) and ,of course..The Messiah,himself, Barack Hussein Obama...........UM UM UM ???!!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links