Rapper Tweets During Arrest

This is a discussion on Rapper Tweets During Arrest within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; hahah what a loser poser sissy b**tch. He so gangster. His name is Tech9 and has a clean rep sheet? Next thing he'll admit is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rapper Tweets During Arrest

hahah what a loser poser sissy b**tch. He so gangster. His name is Tech9 and has a clean rep sheet?

Next thing he'll admit is to never handling a firearm. And that he actually enjoys listening to barbra streisand in his free time.
    guns rule

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSW40 View Post
    hahah what a loser poser sissy b**tch. He so gangster. His name is Tech9 and has a clean rep sheet?

Next thing he'll admit is to never handling a firearm. And that he actually enjoys listening to barbra streisand in his free time.
    Not sure what you're trying to say here. Yes, there is a small element of irony that he's a rapper, he named himself after a gun, and he has a clean rap sheet. But, I would hardly call having a clean record a reason to call someone a loser, a poser, a sissy, or a b**tch. If so, count me as one of those, too. Rather, I'd say it's a reason to commend him. I would also encourage him to continue to provide a good example to those that may listen to his music by keeping his nose clean.

He actually isnt that bad raps, real quick.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

"What does this have to do with guns?"

See my post number 9. It has to do with officer safety...which could involve guns. It seemed strange to me that an officer would allow him to do anything with his hands during an arrest. I think we've all read or seen the stories where a rountine traffic stop suddenly becomes a deadly encounter. A suspect allowed to text during an arrest seems to me to not be properly secured and the officer runs a risk of the guy suddenly turning on him, possibly grabbing the officer's gun. Maybe him and his buddy decide to suddenly attack the officer? With the arrestee being properly secured, it eliminates the officer having to take on two people.

So, this could go from a routine traffic stop to a self-defense situation for the officer really quick...which could include someone pulling a weapon that was maybe missed in a pat-down/search...or both people rushing the officer and grabbing his gun. We've seen people fight the police for something as little as a suspended drivers license, so the severity of the infraction isn't always a clue as to the severity of their response to an officer. It seems possible to me that the officer let his guard down because this was a routine stop. Since nothing bad happened, it may seem like over-kill for me to bring it up. Had the arrest gone bad, then what I am bringing up would probably be looked upon as the turning point during the arrest.

Also, I am not dogging on Tech9. He gives back to the community and though I don't listen to his music, he seems like a pretty level-headed guy just trying to make a living in the music industry. From what I read, he and his partner handled themselves like gentemen, co-operated with the officer, and took their medicine like men. Tech9 wouldn't have been texting if he hadn't been allowed to. That's my point. The officer probably doesn't know who these guys(or most people) are beyond what he sees on a computer screen. I am assuming that part of LEO training would be to teach you not to allow those you encounter to use the tactic of lulling you into a false sense of security and then attacking you. Personally, I think it's strange and possibly dangerous, but then I'm not out there every day putting my butt on the line like so many of our finest do. Stories of police officers getting shot/killed anger me, and this story made me cringe a little at the possible outcome for the officer.

Like I said the other day, if this is in the wrong forum then I'm sure it will get moved to the proper one. I was looking at a possible outcome here of an officer being put into a self-defense situation....which includes someone using a weapon (gun, knife, ect) against him or trying to grab his gun because they were not properly secured during an arrest and the officer took a chance the situation wasn't going to escalate.

So, there were two things I was putting out there...the humor of someone texting during an arrest, and the dangerous part of allowing someone to text and have "busy/free hands" during an arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by ocadmirer View Post
    You guys might make fun and whatever but as a car stereo enthusiast/competitor, I am familiar with Tech 9...from KC, MO. His music might not be your taste but does have a full range of sound though it might not be arranged to your liking.

Dunno what this has to do with guns either...other than his name suggests a firearm?
    From what I've read, his name suggests the rapid rate at which he raps...similar to the rate of fire of the weapon. Whether that's accurate or not, I don't know.

See . . . the thing that is so offensive about this whole thing to me is the stereotype that rap music is about nothing but violence and guns, and negativity, etc.

There are PLENTY of very successful rappers that don't get into trouble with the law, and don't promote any violence with their music.

Of course, we know that every rock artist is a meth addict, and that every country artist is an illiterate redneck.

;)

[/sarcasm]

Anyone for some AC/DC instead???

Quote Originally Posted by av8er View Post
    See . . . the thing that is so offensive about this whole thing to me is the stereotype that rap music is about nothing but violence and guns, and negativity, etc.

There are PLENTY of very successful rappers that don't get into trouble with the law, and don't promote any violence with their music.

Of course, we know that every rock artist is a meth addict, and that every country artist is an illiterate redneck.

;)

[/sarcasm]
    I agree with what you are saying, and if the title of the thread lead you to believe otherwise, that was not my intent. My angle on the story had nothing to do with what he did for a living, I just went with an title similar to the title of the articles I read for the purpose of brevity. If the person being arrested was an airline pilot...senator...car mechanic...ect....I would have gone with that.

Quote Originally Posted by EPIC SCUMBAG View Post
    Anyone for some AC/DC instead???
    A little "It's a long way to the top (if you wanna rock n' roll)" would be perfect right now. The first song I ever heard a rock group use bagpipes in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links