Rapper Tweets During Arrest

This is a discussion on Rapper Tweets During Arrest within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought I had pretty much seen it all when I read about people being on their cell phones while robbing a convenience store or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapper Tweets During Arrest

Rapper Tweets During Arrest

I thought I had pretty much seen it all when I read about people being on their cell phones while robbing a convenience store or bank....until this....

If you follow Kansas City rapper Tech N9ne on Twitter, you're probably wondering why he tweeted "I'm getting arrested" at around 1:30 p.m. today.

We've got answers, courtesy of Tech's business partner, Travis O'Guin, who called a few minutes ago to explain what happened.

"You'll probably laugh," O'Guin said before launching into the story.

O'Guin said it all started when he and Tech (aka Aaron Yates) decided to road-test O'Guin's brand-new Ferrari F430 on Northeast Douglas Street in Lee's Summit this afternoon. O'Guin took the car from 0 to 70 m.p.h. in three seconds, which caught the attention of a police officer.

The officer pulled O'Guin over outside of Culver's, a burger joint at 1701 Northeast Douglas St., and ran their IDs. That's when he discovered a warrant in Tech's name and arrested the rapper. O'Guin said the warrant was for failing to appear in court to face charges for hanging posters in unauthorized areas in Blue Springs.

O'Guin said neither he nor Tech knew about the charge or the warrant. He said it was probably Tech's fans -- not the rapper himself -- who hung the posters, and that Tech wasn't even in town when the charges were filed.

"Tech was shocked," O'Guin said. "He doesn't do **** wrong. He's never been arrested before for anything."

O'Guin added that he and Tech plan to go to court tomorrow morning to clear the charges.

Messages left with the Blue Springs and Lee's Summit Police Departments have not been returned.

Tech tweeted throughout the arrest. He posted a twitpic of himself ducking into the back of the police car and at around 1:40 p.m. tweeted "I gotta go they making me take off my shoes and belt."

O'Guin said a few Culver's employees documented the arrest using cell phone cameras.

Tech spent a whole 22 minutes in jail before O'Guin posted the $300 bond, O'Guin said.

After the jail break, O'Guin and Tech headed over to Culver's for a late lunch.

"We went right back there 30 minutes later and ate double cheeseburgers," O'Guin said.

Tech didn't waste any time after that -- O'Guin said he's back in the recording booth at Strange Music in Lee's Summit. As for O'Guin, he said he got a warning ticket for going 70 m.p.h. in a 40 m.p.h. zone.

Tech N9ne's eleventh studio album, "The Gates Mixed Plate," comes out July 27.

Read more: Blogs | Rapper Tech N9ne arrested in Lee's Summit | Ink

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    NEVER heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    NEVER heard of him.
    Nor have I.

Some loser (c)rapper....
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Whats this have to do with guns?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

It's hard to sell rap unless ya got Gangsta Creds,now he can claim he been arrested and persecuted by the po po
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It's hard to sell rap unless ya got Gangsta Creds,now he can claim he been arrested and persecuted by the po po
    Still don't see what this has to do with guns...

Edit - And by the way. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure "tweeting" doesn't exactly earn one much in the way of "Gansta creds" either.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Agree
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Perhaps this is in the wrong forum, I don't know. I think what's getting lost in this discussion is this....we agree that during a police encounter...usually a traffic stop...it's best for us to keep idle hands in plain view...irregardless if we carry a firearm or not. Yet this guy was tweeting during an arrest. Now, I understand that he was probably searched and cleared to use the cell phone by the arresting officer. It just struck me as strange because every time a police officer pulls someone over, there is always the threat of getting shot/attacked and to allow someone to have "busy" hands during an arrest just seemed strange to me. I talked to a friend of mine who use to be a police officer, and he said that this type of behavior by Tech9 wouldn't fly with him. Perhaps a few police officers on this board can chime in with an opinion as to whether this is normal or not...possibly goes against his training/department procedure? In your department, would he be talked to by his superiors or is something like this up to officer discretion? Obviously, all opinions are welcome, whether or not you are a police officer.

Most rappers die from them???

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It's hard to sell rap unless ya got Gangsta Creds . . .
    Well, this isn't really true . . .

Quote Originally Posted by EPIC SCUMBAG
    Most rappers die from them???
    This TOTALLY isn't true . . .

AzB
    I can tell you one thing, there's no way that Ferrari did 0-70 in 3 seconds unless it had an afterburner. Maybe 5 seconds... with someone that knows how to drive.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

You guys might make fun and whatever but as a car stereo enthusiast/competitor, I am familiar with Tech 9...from KC, MO. His music might not be your taste but does have a full range of sound though it might not be arranged to your liking.

Dunno what this has to do with guns either...other than his name suggests a firearm?
    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
    It's faster to dial 3-5-7 than it is to dial 9-1-1.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Edit - And by the way. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure "tweeting" doesn't exactly earn one much in the way of "Gansta creds" either.
    Comment of the week.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    I guess the cops had guns.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links