Bad

Bad

This is a discussion on Bad within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ogue_limb.html Despite efforts to rid Central Park of dangerous tree limbs, the death of the baby girl killed by a falling branch Saturday is the ...

Thread: Bad

Bad

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ogue_limb.html

Despite efforts to rid Central Park of dangerous tree limbs, the death of the baby girl killed by a falling branch Saturday is the third such accident since last year.

The death of 6-month-old Gianna Ricciutti comes four months after a snow-laden branch snapped from a tree and plunged 40 feet onto the head of 46-year-old Elmaz Qyra.

The Brooklyn dad died Feb. 25.

Last July, Google engineer Sasha Blair-Goldensohn was left in a coma after he was hit by a rotting 100-pound branch.

The young dad, who was on his way to work, suffered brain damage, a punctured lung and spinal fractures.

Blair-Goldensohn survived, but was still incapacitated months after the accident, his relatives said.

In the wake of the mishap, tree-pruning crews fanned out across the park in search of rotting limbs.

Workers removed about 50 tree branches from some 30 trees, the Parks Department said.

In December, Rebecca Lin, Blair-Goldensohn's wife, filed a $120 million lawsuit against the city and the Central Park Conservancy, claiming park trees were not properly maintained.

Parks Department officials have said it's impossible to monitor all the park's trees.

A spokeswoman for the Central Park Conservancy did not return a call for comment Saturday.

rschapiro@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...#ixzz0s62rWVGs

This is sad and I pray for the family but this has happened 3 times in a year and no call for cutting down the trees in central park to make it safer. Makes a guy wonder.

It is sad.

Kinda like all of the wildfires that we have, because we're not allowed to clean up the dead stuff. Remember the Yellowstone fires?

Kinda like the floods in southern Utah, 5 yrs ago, because the local people weren't allowed to clear the washes of debris and overgrowth. So, when the floods came, they had no where to go, but up and over. It destroyed many homes
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

did anyone see "the happening"?

Sad. Terrible way to lose a child!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Sad. Terrible way to lose a child!
    Hiram,

I'm sure you did not mean it this way, but is there ever a way that isn't terrible?

Here's a thought regarding the law suit. Take some personal responsibility. If you are walking under snow laden trees, LOOK UP! Yes these events are tragic, but to sue the city over what is essentially a "natural" event, is crazy.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have a cut under my eye this weekend from a falling branch...I was cutting down a dangerous tree in my backyard :(
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    did anyone see "the happening"?
    Yes. The trees are beginning to attack the people. It's very obvious.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut down all the trees in order to prevent law suits. Simply eliminate the risks altogether.

Shouldn't they put a fence all the way around the Grand Canyon so people don't fall in?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Sponsored Links