Don't know about this one yet

This is a discussion on Don't know about this one yet within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If it was a good shoot congrats to the young man. The 2 men he shot have been in all kinds of trouble. Something about ...

Thread: Don't know about this one yet

VIP Member

Don't know about this one yet

If it was a good shoot congrats to the young man. The 2 men he shot have been in all kinds of trouble. Something about this is just a little fishy to me.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/ju...uth-knoxville/

KNOXVILLE - The shootings that killed two men identified as burglars in a South Knox County mobile home will be referred to the Knox County District Attorney General's Office, according to the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Martha Dooley would not elaborate this afternoon on the reason for the review. No charges have been filed against Douglas Jordan III, who shot both of the black-clad intruders as he returned to his Love Lane mobile home off the 8000 block of Chapman Highway at 11:18 p.m. Sunday.

Authorities identified one of the dead men as Jimmy Cannon, 39, of Knoxville. Cannon had no local criminal history, but he had served time in prison for armed robbery in Georgia, Dooley said.

The second burglar's identity has not been released, pending notification of next of kin.

"According to officers, the men were burglarizing the home when Jordan arrived," Dooley said.

Both men were dressed in black. One man wore a ski mask while the second wore a bandana over his face, she said.

When Jordan arrived, the men "tried to overpower him," Dooley said, but he was armed and shot the men.

"Both were dead when officers arrived," Dooley said.

2. Remove Ads

A lot of people on the KNS site are questioning it. Just because he lived in a trailer, in "that part of town"
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    A lot of people on the KNS site are questioning it. Just because he lived in a trailer, in "that part of town"
    Trailer, duplex, mansion. Doesn't matter. It was his home and he has a right to defend it.

Two men, in his home, dressed in black, with their faces covered???

Please!!!

As I read this it was absolutely justified. Two more dirt bags removed from the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    Trailer, duplex, mansion. Doesn't matter. It was his home and he has a right to defend it.
    You're right it doesn't!!! We need to protect and respect each and every person's god given rights regardless of their race, religion, status, tax bracket, etc. We are all human beings equal in accordance. If the story is actually true as reported, this man had every right to defend his life and property.

Uh, I don't find anything fishy about it yet... unless they were there to steal drugs which there is no indication of that.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

A trailer is still a home, and they were still intruders
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's a good thing the guy took care of the burglers before they worked their way to the "other" side of town.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Uh, I don't find anything fishy about it yet... unless they were there to steal drugs which there is no indication of that.
    I don't care what they were looking for, they got what they deserved. Even crooked people have the right to defend themselves. Two dead criminals at the hand of another criminal are still two dead criminals.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    I don't care what they were looking for, they got what they deserved. Even crooked people have the right to defend themselves. Two dead criminals at the hand of another criminal are still two dead criminals.

Ryan
    agreed.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links