Good: Backseat Robbers make Victim Selection Error.

This is a discussion on Good: Backseat Robbers make Victim Selection Error. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; (KMOV) – Three people have been injured after an attempted robbery in south St. Louis, police say. According to officials, this happened in a Rally’s ...

Thread: Good: Backseat Robbers make Victim Selection Error.

Good: Backseat Robbers make Victim Selection Error.

(KMOV) – Three people have been injured after an attempted robbery in south St. Louis, police say.

According to officials, this happened in a Rally’s parking lot near Lynch and Jefferson around 6 p.m. on Monday.

Two robbers allegedly squared off with the victim as his girlfriend took cover in the car.

Police say they believe this was a case of a victim defending himself. The victim, who was shot in the leg, allegedly took the first shots at the suspected robbers.

The suspects were rushed to the hospital with gunshot wounds to the head and chest.

Three injured after attempted robbery in south St. Louis parking lot | KMOV.com | St. Louis news, Missouri news & breaking news | KMOV.com | News for St. Louis, Missouri

What the news article online doesn't say is that two people, a man and a woman, were sitting at a Ralley's (fast food hamburger joint) in the parking lot deciding what to eat when two robbers jumped in the back seat.

The girlfriend was fine, guy will be OK, but the cleanup of the car will be along the lines of Pulp Fiction.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

2. Remove Ads

good for them. what stood out was that BG took a headhsot and lives to tell the tale...bullets are not magical.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Curious as to the Caliber of the Good Guys Weapon.
    I don't think the BG's would last long if it were a large caliber handgun.

Just wondering, because my pocket gun is a 380, but my truck gun is a 45!

What you want to bet the Bad Guys Careers are over?
    Let's hope so.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Curious as to the Caliber of the Good Guys Weapon.
    I don't think the BG's would last long if it were a large caliber handgun.

Just wondering, because my pocket gun is a 380, but my truck gun is a 45!

What you want to bet the Bad Guys Careers are over?
    Let's hope so.
    LEO: What did the suspect of this recent crime look like?
    Victim: Well, he had half of a face!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Rotflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    LEO: What did the suspect of this recent crime look like?
    Victim: Well, he had half of a face!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    good for them. what stood out was that BG took a headhsot and lives to tell the tale...bullets are not magical.
    Well, he's in critical condition, and apparently didn't leave the car. I'm guessing he was probably incapacitated fairly instantaneously. I wouldn't bank on a full recovery, either.

They don't keep the car doors locked?
    I'm looking in all the mirrors when we eat in the car, but I guess surprises can happen.
    Glad the dirtbags were stricken with victim selection error...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Possible they were in a convertibel, Good job getting both ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    Boy did those knuckledraggers have some BIG cojones.
    If you view the vid, the victim was a very big guy laid out on that stretcher.
    Glad he's doing good, and it doesn't sound as if hes gonna get any grief over it from a legal perspective anyway.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Ok, you jumped into the car to rob them.... then what happened ? He did what ? to both of you ? Not a good jailhouse story, huh.

Sounds like the 'victim' is also lucky and must have reacted quickly. My bet is the second the door started to open he was getting his hand on his gun and thus prepared to respond by the time they were in the seat. However, a bit better situational awareness they would have never been able to open the door.

Glad it ended like it did.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    They don't keep the car doors locked?
    I'm looking in all the mirrors when we eat in the car, but I guess surprises can happen.
    :

Some newer cars automatically unlock all doors when put in "P"ark, just as they lock all doors when put into "D"rive.

Don't know if that is the case here from the looks of the car in the vid. I frequently drive an '09 GMC Yukon or Suburban on the job, both do this, & I have to relock the doors after parking if I'm going to sit a while to wait, as I often have to. Something to keep in mind ...
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    Some newer cars automatically unlock all doors when put in "P"ark, just as they lock all doors when put into "D"rive.

Don't know if that is the case here from the looks of the car in the vid. I frequently drive an '09 GMC Yukon or Suburban on the job, both do this, & I have to relock the doors after parking if I'm going to sit a while to wait, as I often have to. Something to keep in mind ...
    you can program your locks to not do that...check your owner manual..

Links