BAD - Kids Wants To Say Pledge - School Says No

BAD - Kids Wants To Say Pledge - School Says No

This is a discussion on BAD - Kids Wants To Say Pledge - School Says No within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Check out this link . At least the kid has the right idea....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD - Kids Wants To Say Pledge - School Says No

VIP Member

Thumbs down BAD - Kids Wants To Say Pledge - School Says No

Check out this link. At least the kid has the right idea.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

This is the problem with some people today. They forget that their rights to this kind of nonsense are provided by the people who uphold things like the Pledge, and the Flag, and the Constitution, etc.

This one statement embodies what is greatest in this country, and also what allows such epic failure on the part of its citizens.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    The pledge, along with the items I listed above are designed to help us create and maintain one united, indivisible nation able to provide all of its people with libery and justice. Unfortunately, all of that liberty allows for alot of stupidity because some people can't figure out that justice for all doesn't mean denying those things that secure liberty in the first place just because it might offend someone.

It's good to see, though, that some of our youth understand where they came from, and where they are going.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

This really makes me hot. When did Americans stop being Americans? Maybe I should just stay here.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

IMO: If someone refuses to pledge allegiance to the US flag... they can find another country to live in and under another flag!
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

What is it with all of the schools lately? Bunch of cowering wimps that are too afraid of educating kids about our country. I think it all started around the time that we "needed to understand" why the muslims didn't like us on 9/11. Looks like it's working for them. The first step in dismantling a country is to make it lose it's identity. Looks like we need to go down hard for the morons that live here to finally appreciate what past generations have done for them!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Hogwash! This is a small group trying to force everyone else to conform to their views of patrotic behavior. Naturally this fits right in with the Fox agenda.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoMonkey View Post
    This really makes me hot. When did Americans stop being Americans?
    I consider many of these people not real Americans at all but rather foreigners living in America. Not real Americans at all. They are interested in living here for the benefits and money opportunity. They have no interest in blending in with our culture or traditions. I also find, many times, that they think their culture is superior. They see us as a bunch of yahoos from the wild west.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have only been out of school for a few years, but when I went to school we recited the pledge every morning; no one complained, no one questioned, we just did it out of respect for our country, our flag, etc...
    This country is headed to a bad place. First those kids were sent home from school for wearing American flags, now this (and I'm sure there is more I'm skipping over, but these are the big ones that stand out to me). Anybody thats not going to respect the country or the flag needs to find a new country to call home. Its bad enough that some people already fly the mexican flag on top of the American flag or just don't fly the American flag at all; we need to stop focusing on what is "politically correct" and actually look at things rationally.
    This is probably too political for this forum so I will stop here, but I'm going to email that school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    Hogwash! This is a small group trying to force everyone else to conform to their views of patrotic behavior. Naturally this fits right in with the Fox agenda.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I don't think this is an issue of patriotism but rather religious freedom. The Pledge states outright that it is "one nation under God" which undermines the beliefs of atheists, essentially saying that they are wrong, and making it difficult to say no matter how loyal they are to the country and the values of liberty and justice. I suspect that if the pledge were changed to the following, many Christians would not want to say it either,

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation that all agrees God does not exist, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

I work in a small Southern rural school...we recite the 'pledge' each and every morning...everyone!
    We also like Bibles and guns...can you believe that?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    Just call me Mr. Fox Agenda then!

One nation under God?

Here's the thing.... I'm not religious at all. I don't go to church, I don't really believe any religion has it right, certainly not Christianity. I think religions can be dangerous, because they often carry short sighted views that lead to hate in the minds of those that choose to see it.

With all that said, the word "God" does not mean the same thing to everyone. It is a word, and that's it, nothing more. The meaning behind it, can and will range widely. Native American's used their version of the word "God" to describe the Earth. Christians use is to describe a man (or being) of great power and creation. Some people believe aliens are "God" ..... Greeks had many "Gods" .....

My point to this ramble is that the words "One Nation under God" does not say which "God" or whose "God" ..... in just says....."God" ..... If we look at it in the terms of Native Americans, we are one nation "on" God.... so-to-speak...

This is America.... our people speak English, by a great majority. If the word "God" creeps into our politics, it must only be a word. We are one nation under many "Gods" and that is what America is all about. We all can worship and believe whatever the heck we want, and NO ONE can stop us! And our ability to coexist in this setting is what makes us unique, and great.

Some of you may have been offended by what I said about God in the first paragraph. But I mean never to offend anyone. I do not hate anyone who believes in a God other than the one I believe in. I have no problem with people who choose to worship Christianity. I know many great people who live their life by The Bible and I'm happy it works for them.... I don't really care if you want to worship Satan. As long as the worship is peaceful, and does not infringe on others, who am I to say?

I don't know why everyone has become so sensitive to the word "God" .... it is only a word and as we know words can have different meanings and context. If we assign a designated meaning to it, we run the risk of it losing meaning altogether.

VIP Member

re: retsupt99

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I work in a small Southern rural school...we recite the 'pledge' each and every morning...everyone!
    We also like Bibles and guns...can you believe that?
    Are you sure when you use the word "we" that you don't really mean yourself and a few of the administrators?

I have no idea where you are, but you can be absolutely certain that there are people in your district who are not pro-gun, and there are others in your district who may be atheists but who simply don't have the guts to stand for their minority viewpoint. There probably are some kids who just stand up for the pledge but say nothing-or quietly refuse to repeat the theistic doctrine. They are still Americans and just as worthy as anyone else.

The pledge was perverted in the 1950s --

(/Sarcasm on) But never mind, its just words, why should anyone who is a real American be offended? (/Sarcasm off.)

VIP Member
    Fatcat wrote: "My point to this ramble is that the words "One Nation under God" does not say which "God" or whose "God" ..... in just says....."God" ..... If we look at it in the terms of Native Americans, we are one nation "on" God.... so-to-speak..."

Perhaps theoretically this is correct, but there is a particular history to the campaign waged to insert the words into the existing pledge which rather clearly shows the intent was not meant to be neutral.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links