Sitting in your car at night, in a questionable neighborhood

This is a discussion on Sitting in your car at night, in a questionable neighborhood within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lucky car is all they lost Vallejo man loses '06 Altima to carjacking - Vallejo Times Herald Vallejo man loses '06 Altima to carjacking Cop ...

Thread: Sitting in your car at night, in a questionable neighborhood

Lucky car is all they lost

Vallejo man loses '06 Altima to carjacking - Vallejo Times Herald

Vallejo man loses '06 Altima to carjacking
    Cop says thieves targeting vehicles with costly chrome rims
    Times-Herald staff report
    Posted: 06/30/2010 01:00:57 AM PDT

A 21-year-old Vallejo man and his girlfriend were carjacked around 10:30 p.m. Monday as they sat in a car on the 100 block of Harvard Avenue.

Six black males approached the car, a silver 2006 Nissan Altima with 22-inch chrome rims, Vallejo Police Sgt. Herman Robinson said.

Cars with the costly rims are often targeted by thieves, Robinson said.

One of the six males opened the driver's side door, pointed an unknown type of handgun and demanded that the 21-year-old man get out, Robinson said.

"One of the other subjects opened the (passenger's side) door and forced the girl out," Robinson said.

The victim said two other suspects also were holding handguns, Robinson said.

Four males got into the vehicle and drove away while the two other males fled on foot, Robinson said.

One man also fired a round into the air, he added. The males, all wearing hoodies, were last seen fleeing toward Stanford Drive. The stolen vehicle's license plate is 5UYM004.

Hell, that represents about 1/2 our shootings here in Chicago - guys just sittin' in their car, 2:00 in the morning, in a questionable neighborhood.....

al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

Sitting in a car 2 AM in a questionable neighborhood is questionable in and of itself
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Sitting in your car late at night/early in the morning with your girl is one thing, sitting there by yourself or with another guy is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post
    Sitting in your car late at night/early in the morning with your girl is one thing, sitting there by yourself or with another guy is another matter entirely.
    True. With another guy or by yourself, you will probably be paying more attention to your surroundings than if you are with your girl.

DM2
    I make it a practice to not sit in a car that is not moving unless I'm at a traffic light. If I'm stuck in traffic, I'm taking the next exit or side street just so I can keep moving. In addition, I refuse to sit or let someone else sit in my car for even a few minutes while one runs in just for a second. It's just one of my security precautions. If I'm going to be a target, I don't want to be a sitting target if it can be avoided.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

i had 3 cops sneak up on my car when i was parked in the back of a shopping center. me and my gf was busy doing stuff( nooo nothing indecent ) so my SA was down...cop thought we were doing something illegal back there...sitting in a car...is a bad idea...

Sitting in a car with high carjacker appeal, at night, in a bad area, not paying attention to environment, with the girlfriend, with the doors unlocked. Ok.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Lucky he only lost his car! He could have lost his girlfriend, or his life!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

In an ideal world, the car would have been packed with tons of explosives...the remote detonator would still be in the victim's pocket.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links