GOOD: Clerks not to be charged

This is a discussion on GOOD: Clerks not to be charged within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened in Union County, NC where I live, it is just outside Charlotte. It is like a different world from Mecklenburg county in many ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOOD: Clerks not to be charged

This happened in Union County, NC where I live, it is just outside Charlotte. It is like a different world from Mecklenburg county in many ways, this being one of them. Love th DA's quote. :)

There is a link to the original story at the end of this one too.

Clerks Who Shot, Killed Would-Be Robber Won’t Face Charges - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Clerks Who Shot, Killed Would-Be Robber Won’t Face Charges
    Posted: 3:24 pm EDT June 29, 2010
    Updated: 4:03 pm EDT June 29, 2010

UNION COUNTY, N.C. -- Two convenience store clerks involved in the fatal shooting of a would-be robber will not be charged, the Union County District Attorney said Tuesday.
    Monroe police said 23-year-old Robert Young was shot and killed when he went into Sunny Food Mart, located on Walkup Avenue, on Thursday night and tried to rob it.
    District Attorney John Snyder released the following statement about the incident:
    “After a thorough investigation by the Monroe Police Department and a complete review of the evidence gathered, I will not press charges against the two men who bravely defended their lives against a cowardly man who wore a mask to rob the Sunny Food Mart. The honest hard working families that operate small businesses must be free from the fear of being robbed. Those that choose to rob should be filled with fear that they will suffer the same fate as the deceased. In Union County we have a no return policy on armed robbery.”
    Young had a handgun and demanded money from the two clerks working in the store, officers said.
    Sophea Pich and Sophin Pich were working at the family-owned store. One or both of the clerks fired shots at Young and Young also fired shots at the clerks, police said.
    Young was shot multiple times and was taken by ambulance to Carolinas Medical Center Main, where he later died. Neither of the clerks was injured.
    The clerks’ mother, Sophan Pich, owns the store and said they bought the guns for safety after a previous robbery.
    Previous Stories:
    June 25, 2010: Would-Be Robber Shot, Killed At Convenience Store
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    District Attorney John Snyder released the following statement about the incident:
    “After a thorough investigation by the Monroe Police Department and a complete review of the evidence gathered, I will not press charges against the two men who bravely defended their lives against a cowardly man who wore a mask to rob the Sunny Food Mart. The honest hard working families that operate small businesses must be free from the fear of being robbed. Those that choose to rob should be filled with fear that they will suffer the same fate as the deceased. In Union County we have a no return policy on armed robbery.”
    I posted this quote in the post I made about it. This may be the greatest quote I have ever heard from a DA!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Someone has higher political aspirations....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

+100 I love this guy
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Those that choose to rob should be filled with fear that they will suffer the same fate as the deceased.
    This quote is so freaking awesome that I almost want to have it tattooed on my strong hand. This is the entire point of CCW. Firearm, knife, baton, manriki gusari - whatever takes the BG down - they should tremble in fear that their next "victim" turns out to be their worst nightmare.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

As it should be.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    HOOAH!!! (Translation: WAY TO GO!! Great Job!! OH YEAH!! Good for your Mr. DA!! Couldn't agree more!! +1 million!!)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

This is sooooo REFRESHING!!

NY, Chicago, LA, D.C., Baltimore, & the like ... please take note, it would serve your subjects well.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

As it should be...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Charge 'em with what? They were just takin' out the trash.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

The DA could run for President next election and I'd vote for him!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    The DA could run for President next election and I'd vote for him!
    He would get my vote too ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Hey, I grew up in Union County (outside of Waxhaw)! Glad to hear that commons sense still prevails in the DAs office!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    This happened in Union County, NC where I live, it is just outside Charlotte. It is like a different world from Mecklenburg county in many ways, this being one of them. Love th DA's quote. :)

There is a link to the original story at the end of this one too.

Clerks Who Shot, Killed Would-Be Robber Won’t Face Charges - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Clerks Who Shot, Killed Would-Be Robber Won’t Face Charges
    Posted: 3:24 pm EDT June 29, 2010
    Updated: 4:03 pm EDT June 29, 2010

UNION COUNTY, N.C. -- Two convenience store clerks involved in the fatal shooting of a would-be robber will not be charged, the Union County District Attorney said Tuesday.
    Monroe police said 23-year-old Robert Young was shot and killed when he went into Sunny Food Mart, located on Walkup Avenue, on Thursday night and tried to rob it.
    “After a thorough investigation by the Monroe Police Department and a complete review of the evidence gathered, I will not press charges against the two men who bravely defended their lives against a cowardly man who wore a mask to rob the Sunny Food Mart. The honest hard working families that operate small businesses must be free from the fear of being robbed. Those that choose to rob should be filled with fear that they will suffer the same fate as the deceased. In Union County we have a no return policy on armed robbery.
    Young had a handgun and demanded money from the two clerks working in the store, officers said.
    Sophea Pich and Sophin Pich were working at the family-owned store. One or both of the clerks fired shots at Young and Young also fired shots at the clerks, police said.
    Young was shot multiple times and was taken by ambulance to Carolinas Medical Center Main, where he later died. Neither of the clerks was injured.
    The clerks’ mother, Sophan Pich, owns the store and said they bought the guns for safety after a previous robbery.
    Previous Stories:
    June 25, 2010: Would-Be Robber Shot, Killed At Convenience Store
    Absolutely the BEST comment I have ever heard from a DA! Well done Mr. Snyder!

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    This is sooooo REFRESHING!!

NY, Chicago, LA, D.C., Baltimore, & the like ... please take note, it would serve your subjects well.
    Well they should but I'm afraid they just wouldn't get it. In particular, His Highness Mayor Daley would fear that the citizens who shot the BG would then turn their guns on the first responders. Why scumbag Daley isn't in federal prison is beyond me.

Our only hope is to vote good men like DA Snyder into office nation wide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links