Police: Woman pulls gun in police car, starts firing - Page 2

Police: Woman pulls gun in police car, starts firing

This is a discussion on Police: Woman pulls gun in police car, starts firing within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sounds like the LEO vacated the area until backup came. I think it would have been reasonable to shoot the guy trying to free the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police: Woman pulls gun in police car, starts firing

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Sounds like the LEO vacated the area until backup came. I think it would have been reasonable to shoot the guy trying to free the shooter. I'd hate to shoot the dog by accident but an active shooter takes priority. She should have been searched and maybe she was but also maybe she had the 40 well concealed in a certain part of the female anatomy that would certainly lead to a charge of sexual assault if a weapon were not found. Certain crevices are difficult to search in a cursory search over outer garments. Maybe LEOs should have hand held magnetometers for such issues.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm not a cop, but shouldn't she have been searched prior to being put into the back seat of a police car? Somebody's have a come to 'Jesus' meeting with a supervisor.
    When I went through the reserve academy, it was emphasized to us over and over again that if you have cause to handcuff someone, you have more than enough justification to do a Terry pat-down. I could see the decision to delay the search until backup arrived if she was by herself and he was able to keep her under constant observation, but with two other subjects present...

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Sounds like the LEO vacated the area until backup came. I think it would have been reasonable to shoot the guy trying to free the shooter. I'd hate to shoot the dog by accident but an active shooter takes priority. She should have been searched and maybe she was but also maybe she had the 40 well concealed in a certain part of the female anatomy that would certainly lead to a charge of sexual assault if a weapon were not found. Certain crevices are difficult to search in a cursory search over outer garments. Maybe LEOs should have hand held magnetometers for such issues.
    I wondered that too.... and would not have been found in a cursory pat down. I've been told, not seen it personally, amazing places and ways females have hidden weapons. .. up to and including putting knives into their pulled up hair.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Lesson re-learned. Never trust anything if you haven't checked them personally.
    I have a friend who lost his Job as a Deputy Sheriff just over that.

He was assiged to transport a TDO patient from one "secure" faculty to another.

Picking up the patient from a "secure" medical faculty, he didn't do a search.

The patient later shot himself at the second "secure" mental faculty.

It all fell on the Deputy -- lost job, sued by the family of the patient, etc -- albeit the actual shooting/death didn't occur while in his custody.

Never heard of any repocussions for the failed "security" at the first or second faculty.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links