BAD: Chicago police officer was shot and killed Wednesday.

This is a discussion on BAD: Chicago police officer was shot and killed Wednesday. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I refuse to post the headline that CNN posted- CNN.com (CNN) -- A Chicago police officer was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon during a struggle ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD: Chicago police officer was shot and killed Wednesday.

Post BAD: Chicago police officer was shot and killed Wednesday.

I refuse to post the headline that CNN posted- CNN.com

(CNN) -- A Chicago police officer was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon during a struggle with a suspect in a police facility parking lot, police said

The officer was walking to his vehicle in the parking lot at 61st and Racine on the city's South Side, after completing a shift with the department's Operation to Protect Youth Program, when he encountered the offender, said James Jackson, assistant superintendent of police operations.

"The 24-year-old suspect disarmed the police officer and then shot him," Jackson said at a news conference Wednesday night.

The department believes the suspect was involved in an armed robbery a short distance away after the shooting, said Jackson.

"Several officers quickly responded and there was an exchange of gun fire with the offender. The suspect was shot. His injuries are non-life threatening," said Jackson.

The suspect was in stable condition at Advocate Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, according to a police spokesman.

Police would not release the name of the 43-year-old officer until all family members were notified, Jackson said. He said the officer was a veteran of the police force and worked in the education and training division.

2. Remove Ads

Can't wait to see how they try to blame this on the Supreme Court ruling.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

If they would just ban the police from having guns, this wouldn't have happened!

(Sorry, that's Mayor Daley logic for you.)
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

R.I.P.

RIP. Sympathy to the family.
    Re the headline, the media has SFB.

That wasn't a gun battle that was an execution
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Let me get this straight, police officer was disarmed by a criminal then shot by the same criminal and the clinton news network calls it a shoot out. That just does not compute since it would at least take two weapons to make a shoot out.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    Can't wait to see how they try to blame this on the Supreme Court ruling.
    He used the officer's gun though.

A tragic event, even an officer with their retention training can't win EVERY fight. which is why even with my martial arts training I hope to never even get into a fist fight...fights are ugly and no plan survives initial contact.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

A sad event indeed. Up until the late 1990's the department of justice statistics showed that one out of every five officers shot and killed were shot with their own gun. This 20% number has been reduced with the advent of security holsters and better weapon retention training but unfortunately continues to occur.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Let me get this straight, police officer was disarmed by a criminal then shot by the same criminal and the clinton news network calls it a shoot out. That just does not compute since it would at least take two weapons to make a shoot out.
    i read gun battle....a battle involving a gun...then there was an exchange of gunfire with the officers who responded...hence...a shootout...but dont let your disdain for the media get in the way of them actually reporting a tragic event...

sad situation...and at a police facility...hard to believe someone would try an attack there but nothing surprises me anymore...

I'm shocked that this guy had to struggle with an officer to get a gun. He probably could have picked one up pretty cheap from any BG walking on the street and didn't have to fight for one. Sad story and may he RIP.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Very sad event. I was waiting for Dickie to appear on the news last night regarding this and gun control in general, but no such luck. He just expressed his sympathies for the family.

But it wouldn't have surprised me if he gone off and ranted about the Supreme Court and the need to ban guns....

al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

VIP Member
    Remember the thread about how BGs would never intentionally target an armed (OC) person? It appears (though this article is admittedly incomplete) that this particular BG deliberately targeted a COP to take his gun, took it, killed the officer, then used his gun to commit an armed robbery a little ways down the block...

If any one still thinks a gun is a talisman that will ward off all criminals....
    Last edited by OPFOR; July 8th, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

How ugly. Sounds like he was doing good things with his life, working in the Youth program and all.

Too bad the BG lived and the cop died.Capital punishment would fit this one to a tee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links