3 wounded in robbery gone bad

This is a discussion on 3 wounded in robbery gone bad within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Robbery victim shoots back | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com MT. AUBURN Three men were wounded Thursday night when the victim of a street robbery returned ...

Thread: 3 wounded in robbery gone bad

Robbery victim shoots back | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

MT. AUBURN Three men were wounded Thursday night when the victim of a street robbery returned fire in a gun battle, according to Cincinnati police.

Police said two men were sitting in a vehicle in the 500 block of Boal Street about 11:30 p.m. when a man with a gun approached and tried to rob them.

The passenger in the car was shot in the forearm. The driver pulled out his own gun and shot the suspect, a 23-year-old, who remains in critical condition at the hospital.

The driver was also shot and taken to the hospital. He was still in surgery early Friday. Two TV stations are reporting that the driver is an Iraq war veteran.

The passenger was treated and released from University Hospital, police said. Names of those involved were not released.

Police are investigating the incident, but they said it does not appear any of the men know each other.
    Not much info about this released yet, when I find more I will post it here, seems like a kind of weird case.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

hmm not much here yet...another reason I don't like sitting around in my car at night
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    ...another reason I don't like sitting around in my car at night
    This. ^^

I don't understand why people do this, so often.
    side from sitting at cruising spots among many other people...I have no recollection of doing such a thing as a regular manner of life 7 living when I was a youth.

Sitting in cars after dark alone and/or with 'friends' doing what talking about whom for what reason.
    Get out of the vehicle, go inside X, Y or Zs apartment/home and talk there.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Strange, sounds as if even the occupants of the car did not know each other. Maybe we will get the rest of the story........... later.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flight View Post
    Strange, sounds as if even the occupants of the car did not know each other...
    That's because really it was an after hours money for product exchange gone bad.

- Jim Rockford
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Could be bad,engaging in criminal activity while carrying a firearm even with a permit will get you charged with the gun as mitigating circumstances.I saw Cops where a guy was pulled out on a stop,had a concealed gun and Florida permit,but had a buncha Illegal dope.He was charged with the Gun and drugs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

well being caught doing something that would make you lose your permit would pretty much seem to invalidate your permit at that point :p
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    well being caught doing something that would make you lose your permit would pretty much seem to invalidate your permit at that point :p
    As well invalidate the idea of justifiable use of lethal force too.

People have got to know these things.

You go buy drugs, don't bring your gun and carry permit.
    Do so and get caught up in some manner of shooting activity...You had better hope your wound is the sort that can be resolved at home with witch hazel, mercurochrome and a sewing needle strung with dental floss.

- Johnny Law

Well, it said that he's an Iraq war vet, but I didn't see where he has a permit to carry. Am I missing that? If he doesn't, then it sounds like they're all criminals and it's just another drug deal / robbery gone bad with both sides illegally armed according to what we have to go with.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Sponsored Links