Ohio Concealed Carry Permit Holder Fires Back; UPDATE - Page 3

Ohio Concealed Carry Permit Holder Fires Back; UPDATE

This is a discussion on Ohio Concealed Carry Permit Holder Fires Back; UPDATE within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oakchas Somebody got shot. Somebody had a permit. Some people tried to touch people's brains with fliers. Drugs are being sold in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Somebody got shot. Somebody had a permit. Some people tried to touch people's brains with fliers. Drugs are being sold in areas with nice views. Some folks don't understand what was being said by the professsional news people. There are bodily fluids about. Other people from this city age very young due to the drugs, they look like zombies. Cats can look like zombies, too. Somebody commented about stereotyping blacks (it was a black cat...)?
    And Don Corleone doesn't much care for it...
    I am just trying to translate here... HTH, but I doubt it...

Charlie
    Great summation!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Pending more information. To me it sounds like a drug deal gone bad.

Was the permit holder a soldier or an Army civilian employee? In my 24 years in the military I never heard anyone except civilian employees say they were employed by whatever branch they were associated with.
    I have an easy answer for that... the news never talked to the soldier. They pulled the information from the report. There is a section of "fill in the blocks" for the basic information of the players involved in the incident being reported. The reporting officer wrote "US Army" in the block for employer.

Cincinnati does have a rather large drug problem, and its a direct result of the after riots bend over the CPD took. CPD has been handcuffed by PC and affirmative action for almost ten years now. The condition of the city proves this.
    This particular area of the city is not to bad, but it is surrounded by crap. It is a possibility that the soldier was buying drugs, but there are also several bars, restaurants and honest entertainment venues close by. My bet is he was leaving or heading to one of those businesses.

Cincinnati news outlets are notorious for hiring less than professional reporters. In short, their stories often suck because of this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have an easy answer for that... the news never talked to the soldier. They pulled the information from the report. There is a section of "fill in the blocks" for the basic information of the players involved in the incident being reported. The reporting officer wrote "US Army" in the block for employer.

Cincinnati does have a rather large drug problem, and its a direct result of the after riots bend over the CPD took. CPD has been handcuffed by PC and affirmative action for almost ten years now. The condition of the city proves this.
    This particular area of the city is not to bad, but it is surrounded by crap. It is a possibility that the soldier was buying drugs, but there are also several bars, restaurants and honest entertainment venues close by. My bet is he was leaving or heading to one of those businesses.

Cincinnati news outlets are notorious for hiring less than professional reporters. In short, their stories often suck because of this.
    You got that exactly right.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cptsdr View Post
    I like the part where "500 block of Boal Street is a beautiful piece of Mount Auburn in Cincinnati, Ohio, has breathtaking views" -but- " Neighbors say the street is used to sell drugs " Sounds Lovely.
    ^^^^^YEP^^^^^

And then this joker has the audacity to say this after you read that it happened at 11:30 at night:

Bill Coplen, Boal Street Resident: "I'm going to have to rethink now. I'm going to have to rethink. I'm lucky they were on vacation last night. I can't imagine my 4-year-old grandson walking out and getting caught in the crossfire with this."

^^^^^^What an idiot^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    This dude looks like a for real Zoomie to me!

^^^^^took the words right out of my mouth^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Confusing article, grammar corrections, and pictures of 'whacked out' people...all in one thread, Wow!
    ^^^^Only thing missing is a big top!^^^^^^^^^^

What is disturbing in the article, is the fact that people have the idea that you need to have a reason to be somewhere,{papers please mentality}
    SAD

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Administrator
    update

CINCINNATI - The man who allegedly tried to rob an Iraq War veteran, but was in turn shot by that veteran, was arrested Wednesday night.

The incident happened last Friday on Boal Street in Mt. Auburn when 26-year-old Brandon Axle tried to rob a man, but was shot by his would-be victim instead thanks to a concealed carry permit.

Axle was also allegedly carrying a gun and fired back at the victim, hitting him once in the arm. The victim was not seriously wounded and is expected to fully recover.

Axle is charged with aggravated robbery. The veteran that fought back has not been charged.

He is scheduled to be in court Thursday.
    http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_...oting-incident
    "Just blame Sixto"

Maybe Mr. Prosser wrote the aforementioned article the op provided.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

Where's Les Nessman when you need him?
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links