Bad: New composite for road rage shooting suspect (FL)

This is a discussion on Bad: New composite for road rage shooting suspect (FL) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; New composite for road rage shooting suspect July 11, 2010 7:31 AM News headline from West Palm Beach CBS 12 Associated Press LAKE WORTH--- Police ...

Thread: Bad: New composite for road rage shooting suspect (FL)

New composite for road rage shooting suspect
    July 11, 2010 7:31 AM

News headline from West Palm Beach CBS 12
    Associated Press

LAKE WORTH--- Police are hoping a new composite helps them catch a man accused of opening fire in a road rage incident Thursday night.

The victim has been released from the hospital.

16-year-old Misael Casarrunias of Palm Springs says he was traveling east on Lake Worth Road attempting to make a left on Kirk Road when the suspect riding a sport motorcycle pulled up next to him.

The Palm Beach Sheriff's office says 'words were exchanged' and that's when the victim tried to elude the suspect by driving into a neighborhood.

The driver of the motorcycle caught up to him a few minutes later and at a light shot the victim twice in the torso.

Casarrunias immediately called 911 to report the shooting and his passenger drove him to the nearest hospital where he was treated for non life-threatening injuries.

The suspect is described as a light skin black male, early 20’s, riding a multi-colored sport motorcycle with a matching colored helmet.

If anyone can identify this suspect they are urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.

Source - New composite for road rage shooting suspect | new, composite, suspect - Top Story - WPEC 12 West Palm Beach

- Janq

Lesson to learn by proxy:
    Keep yer yap shut.

Some fool rolls up on you on the street and offers to engage you in conversation based around American Sign Language and/or demonstration of their mastery of invectives, just let it go.
    Roll up your window and move on with your life to live.
    If you note that the person is following you, then dial 9 1 1 _immediately_ and drive STRAIGHT to a local police station.
    Don't try that TV lose a person in a neighborhood garbage. Drive straight to a police...Or have 911 direct one straight to you WHILE you drive straight to the POLICE station.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Agreed Janq. This is where the grey man theory comes in yet again. Just be cool and don't do anything to stand out.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

If you poke a snake with a stick it will try to bite you. That's what snakes do. The similarities seem apparent.

These shooting over road rage disturb me... this is why I am always courteous to strangers.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Motorcycle? Vs. Car?
    I dare say if someone on a motorcycle threatened me, he'd be in a ditch or up on the curb before he got a shot off. If he's behind you jam on the brakes, along side, swerve. I guarantee he'll have his hands full trying to stay upright.

Anyone who has ever ridden a motorcycle will tell you that most drivers will kill you by accident; just think how effective they would be if they meant to hit you.
    Last edited by Guns and more; July 13th, 2010 at 12:51 PM.

3D
    These RR incidents are getting to be 'regular' occurrences. With my temperment I'm fortunate to have gotten this far in life..yup, I've been a hothead at times BUT the stakes are too high - you just don't know who you are dealing with. Janq's advice well taken__I'm keepin' my yap shut, not making eye contact (as in glaring at him/her), not giving any 'hand signals'.

As another forum member said two weeks ago: "I've stopped getting that excited behind the wheel once I remembered I'm not the only one carrying a gun".
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

One day about a year or more ago, before I was actively carrying everywhere I go, the wife and I were on our way to DQ for an ice cream. I was at a stop light waiting to turn left. The light changed, I proceed, but I get just a foot or two and a car coming from the left runs the light.

I'm voicing something like, "What's wrong with you? Didn't you see the red light?" and pointing up toward the light.

I proceed with my turn, and in checking my rear view, I notice he makes a U turn right in the middle of the 4 lane (undivided) road (main street through town). I continue down the street about 3 blocks, turn right at the next light, make a left into DQ, park and the wife and I start walking inside. While I'm parking he drives by. Before we get to the door he comes back, pulls in and rolls his window down. I got my cell phone out and started dialing...

He says something to the effect that I flipped him off. I told him that I was pointing at the light that he so blatantly ran, and that he should pay more attention to the lights. He muttered a few words and drove off. I still remember his tag number to this day. I guess I should have went ahead and called him in.

Then, just this past weekend. The wife and I made a day trip up to West Virginia to visit an old friend of mine whom I havn't seen in 25 years. We spend the day, and leave his place about 10pm to head back home (a 2.5 hour drive). I'm on the road 5 minutes, come out of his neighborhood and make a left on a divided 4 lane. I end up behind a slow moving car in the right lane, I check my mirror, move to the left lane and pass the slower vehicle. While passing the slower vehicle, a set of headlights come up fast from behind me and get right on my a** and flash the high beams. I thought about slowing down, then thought, no, that would just make this speed demon turn into a road rage idiot. I just completed my pass, signaled right, moved to the right lane and minded my own while this idiot flew by like he was going to a fire.

In the past, I might have slowed down, just to piss him off, or after he passed me, I may have hit him with my high beams, but I'm changing the ways I think when on the road because there are too many instances of crazy road rage fools out there doing stupid stuff like the guy on the motorcycle in the OPs post.

Sorry for the long story.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Sponsored Links