Crime is up in my hometown...

This is a discussion on Crime is up in my hometown... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I never forget my Glock 19 when visiting my parents... Bridgeport shootings leave 3 dead in projects http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/b...ad-in-projects BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WTNH) - Three men are ...

Thread: Crime is up in my hometown...

Crime is up in my hometown...

I never forget my Glock 19 when visiting my parents...

Bridgeport shootings leave 3 dead in projects

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/b...ad-in-projects

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WTNH) - Three men are dead in two Bridgeport shootings. Police say the men were killed at separate public housing complexes.

Quan Jefferies and Richard Gee were shot several times early Saturday morning at the Marina Village complex. A third man was seriously wounded in that shooting, according to the Connecticut Post.

Police say 23-year-old Edwin Barrios was shot and killed about two hours later at the Charles Green Homes housing project.

Bridgeport has had 16 homicides so far this year. That's up four from last year.

Police are asking anyone with information on the killings to contact them.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

2. Remove Ads

3D

Exclamation Disparity

Your post prompted me to check statistics here(Greensboro, NC). The local newspaper records showed 10 homicides/murders year-to-date citing names and address of the incident. Ploice 2010 crime online statistics showed only 1 homicide!!!

Wonder what's up with that?
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Your post prompted me to check statistics here(Greensboro, NC). The local newspaper records showed 10 homicides/murders year-to-date citing names and address of the incident. Ploice 2010 crime online statistics showed only 1 homicide!!!

Good question. could the paper be showing justified ones as well and the police only report murders? or is it just bad reporting on one end?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post

My bet is that the paper pulls from the entire Greensboro area, where as the police's stats would only be in the city proper.

As for the OP, just another day in public housing. Rewarding the irresponsible never works out well.
    "Just blame Sixto"

3D
    When I checked again I noticed the police report was thru April but the newspaper's report was thru July 13th.

Your thought about 'justified' is right. For example police report did not show Sheriff's deputy fatally shooting teen who approached him with a knife in February. (Another was a suicide by self-inflicted gunshot.)

I need to be more careful in my reading.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

my parents live just a few blocks away from one of these projects, and in what was a nice neighborhood...now Drug deals are happening on the street corner one house down :(
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

With the economy, it's likely to get nothing but worse.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links