Murdered after complying

This is a discussion on Murdered after complying within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm with Janq on this one. I find it all a bit difficult to swallow. Yes, the story is possible...but hardly plausible. It certainly has ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Murdered after complying

I'm with Janq on this one. I find it all a bit difficult to swallow. Yes, the story is possible...but hardly plausible.
    It certainly has the appearance of impropriety. (Eph.5:3)
    Whatever the case, poor judgment cost this man his life. Very sad.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    What dentist is open at 11:30P and who makes an appt. to get a cleaning at 11:00P (cleaning takes just 30 minutes!)...And who goes to a foreign city for a job interview to then schedule a dental cleaning, as opposed to doing same at your own home dentist before leaving?
    - Janq
    Don't make the victim the problem.
    Yeah, you're right, but the problem is the scum bag.

One more in what seems like a trend that even complying victims are murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    One more in what seems like a trend that even complying victims are murdered.
    grady, remember this. This does match what you've seen in St. Louis and elsewhere.

grady, do not forget this. Your life and your family's lives may depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    grady, remember this. This does match what you've seen in St. Louis and elsewhere.

grady, do not forget this. Your life and your family's lives may depend on it.
    Hey grady, I think we all need to remember this!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

hbc
    "Don't make the victim the problem.
    Yeah, you're right, but the problem is the scum bag."

"Guns and more" got it right. Bad judgment didn't kill Kang. Godless scumbags did. Don't blame the victim!

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Earlier in the day as in an hour or so prior.
    It's not like he would have left his rental car there at Noon and then ride public transpo around for the entirety of his day, to return at _11:30P_ to a parking lot to then pick up his car and from there meet his dental hygenist to help him program his in car GPS (?). That makes no sense at all, on multiple levels.
    Why rent a car at all if you're just going to park it and not drive it. As well what dentistry is open past 7P anyway, and why?

None of this makes any sense as related to regular world....Aside from the getting run up on and robbed while sitting in parked cars after dark (anywhere be it strange places or your own business parking lot).

- Janq
    "Jinghong Kang, 45, of Fairfax, Va., a father of three sons, was shot near the corner of 19th and Webster streets at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday, police said."

And what Dentist opens on SUNDAY? Something doesn't sound right with that story.

Based on the link provided by msgt/ret

http://www.lakemerrittdental.com/site/#/contact/

They only work Monday - Saturday 9 AM - 6 PM. Like I said, something fishy.

hbc,

Nobody nor I am blaming the victim.

The intent of this sub-area though is to post news accounts of good, bad and ugly so that we can review and learn from them.
    In this case there are more than one thing to learn from in the way of 'Do Not Do This' style lessons by proxy.

Neither in this thread nor any other where similar and same commentary may be posted is the victim blamed nor thought to be anything but a victim.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

hbc
    Janq, I understand your position, but it's the mindset of how some folks respond to the news story that I find disturbing. Kang was the victim of sociopathic, amoral, predators - period. It's unfortunate that the first problem identified is often something along the lines of "inadequate SA." The problem didn't lie within Kang. There are patterns of individual responses to stories such as this, and those knee jerk reactions of the critics have a lot of information value.

Well if MY husband was out wth his female dental hygenist at 23.30 on a Sunday....I might have shot him myself when he got home. Well no, I'd rather not go to jail, but maybe I'd hire someone to make it look like a robbery gone wrong??? Hmm Hmmm Hmmmm?
    I also find it VERY suspicious that the woman was apparently completely ignored by the BG, suspicious to the point that I might even question that there was another BG involved, or if there was I would suspect that they were working together.....obviously there is more to the story and I don't have all the "evidence" but I smell something fishy.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

It's quite possible the man had a legitimate reason to be there. The Asian community can sometimes do things differently. They have ties that may not always be obvious to people who aren't in it. Combine that with being members of the same church and you have additional ties. Who's to say the dentist didn't open late on Sunday for the guy? If this were "John Williams," I might think as many others are thinking. Not racist, just trying to be objective and think critically. Besides, none of this really has to do with him being shot by murderers. I don't think!

If he knew her from Church she was probably the Organ player
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

3D

Lessons Learned

Unfortunate and violent loss. Waayyyy tough on family left behind. I'm thinking, like Tala, it's pretty strange BG's would leave behind breathing eye-witness when they didn't hesitate to kill Kang?! I have many questions about this event but will refrain from speculating.

Lessons Learned: (for me at least)
    [1] STAY AWARE, I must not let anyone get the drop on me. STAY AWARE.
    [2] "the only reasonable expectation of safety lies in being always armed."___Ayoob
    (I know he was travelling. I know it was California.)
    [3] Do not sit in vehicle. Do not get preoccupied with anything while sitting still in a vehicle. Drive-don't sit.
    [4] 'Compliance' = submission, as in "if it get's this far I may not live."
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Let's look at another example.
    Going back to the title, "Murdered after complying," we had just such an event in Elyria, in Lorain County, OH.
    Perp came in with a rifle and demanded the contents of the till.
    Young woman behind the counter offered no resistance, complied with the demands, surrendered the money, did everything the perp demanded just the moment he demanded it ... up until the moment the perp blasted her brains all over the back wall.
    I will not comment on the particulars cited in the OP, I only comment on the veracity of its title.
    Comply, and die.
    And people wonder why right-thinking folk carry a concealed sidearm?
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VIP Member
    Comply, and die.
    This is a logical fallacy. The numbers prove exactly the opposite - this is akin to using a four leaf clover to prove that all clovers have four leaves; being murdered AFTER complying is the very rare minority outcome, period.

As always, though, each situation is different and demands an appropriate response - if you are in reasonable fear of imminent death or grave bodily injury, take whatever means you deem necessary. Just don't use flawed logic and very rare (though sensationalized) events as some sort of "proof" of anything. (How many armed robberies occured in Oakland that same night? You don't know, because only the EXCEPTIONAL one made the papers...)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links