Another morning circus at the Hamilton County court house

This is a discussion on Another morning circus at the Hamilton County court house within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is just a fun read; Authorities took a federal fugitive into custody Tuesday morning following a foot chase through the Hamilton County Courthouse. Detectives ...

Thread: Another morning circus at the Hamilton County court house

Administrator

This is just a fun read;

Authorities took a federal fugitive into custody Tuesday morning following a foot chase through the Hamilton County Courthouse.

Detectives learned about 8:45 a.m. that 35-year-old Earl Andre Shields would likely appear in court that morning on state drug and weapons charges.

U.S. Marshals wanted Shields on federal firearms and drug indictments, and Court Services Detective Tim Moss, who was wearing plain clothes, looked for him in a courtroom.

Authorities said Moss made eye contact with a man he believed to be Shields, who then left the room with his girlfriend.

Moss said he spotted Shields near a fifth-floor elevator, identified himself and told him he was under arrest on an outstanding federal warrant, but he said Shields took off down some stairs to the fourth floor.

Moss chased Shields three times around the fourth floor, which, like each floor of the building, has a rectangular corridor that surrounds an outside courtyard.

Shields then fled to the third floor, authorities said, and Moss continued chasing him as he attempted to call deputies to assist him.

After some initial radio signal trouble, Moss notified deputies, who secured all possible escape routes.

Moss chased Shields twice around the third floor before losing sight of him, investigators said.

Deputies located into Shields as he attempted to run around a corner, and they said he refused to comply with their orders to stop.

A deputy used a Taser stun gun to strike Shields in the chest and leg, and authorities said he fell face-forward and slid about 15 feet on the marble floors.

Authorities said Shields immediately rolled over and surrendered once he stopped, saying, "Don't Tase me."

Shields was taken into custody without further incident, and no injuries were reported.

Deputies chose not to charge him with any additional local charges, including indecent exposure.

They said Shields' slide had pulled his baggy pants below his knees.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/24328785/detail.html
    "Just blame Sixto"

Deputies chose not to charge him with any additional local charges, including indecent exposure.

They said Shields' slide had pulled his baggy pants below his knees.
    Nice.

I've been in the building a few times (only once for anything I have done, I swear), and can see this going on. Seems like somewhere along the way there could have been some better communications between the different levels of people who wanted him, so as to ensure a smoother transfer.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    A deputy used a Taser stun gun to strike Shields in the chest and leg, and authorities said he fell face-forward and slid about 15 feet on the marble floors.
    [/url]

I'm impressed. Hit a moving target with a tazer and get a sweet slide out of it too. Nice! I wonder if anything important got any marble burn.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

That got a giggle. Those court officers got a good story out of too.

"Marble burn"........HAHAhahahahah
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I'm impressed. Hit a moving target with a tazer and get a sweet slide out of it too. Nice! I wonder if anything important got any marble burn.
    Unfortunately he got called out at second.

Don't tase me, bro!

LOL, This would have been funny to watch.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Seems like somewhere along the way there could have been some better communications between the different levels of people who wanted him, so as to ensure a smoother transfer.
    That's what I was thinking too. Are these guys still handwriting files and documents? You'd think that the systems would be linked up in a way that when this guy's name was entered that the computer should have lit up like a Christmas tree. "Ding Ding Ding! You're a winner!"
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

This is what we affectionately call the (Electric Slide)
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

One barb in the chest and one in the leg. I'll bet he had a tingle in his.....ummm, junk that he'll remember forever.

Would have been a great video with Benny Hill music
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Would have been a great video with Benny Hill music

Dang, you beat me to it!

I would love to see a surveillance video of this, sped up, and accompanied by the music...

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    that got better and better... I even had clown music playing in my head while they were running in circles
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Sponsored Links