Stupid : Speeder Claims He's a Cop!

This is a discussion on Stupid : Speeder Claims He's a Cop! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was in our local newspaper website. Just plain stupid if you ask me. It doesn't say he was armed, most likely not or the ...

Thread: Stupid : Speeder Claims He's a Cop!

This was in our local newspaper website. Just plain stupid if you ask me. It doesn't say he was armed, most likely not or the MU Cops would break out all manner of whoopa@@ on this dude. They are just like Huntington Police, they have all the training and stuff.

Marshall police blotter: Ohio man arrested for claiming to be a cop
    July 20, 2010 @ 11:35 PM

The Herald-Dispatch

The following information was provided by the Marshall University Police Department:

A man was arrested by Marshall Police officers at about 3:30 p.m. July 16, after he was pulled over in the 200 block of 5th Avenue for speeding in the 1900 block of 3rd Avenue. The man claimed to be a police officer with the South Point Police Department, but officers discovered that the man was a former auxiliary officer who was dismissed three months ago because of suspected drug activity.

Jeffrey A. Rood, 32, of South Point was cited for speeding and impersonating a police officer.
    http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/...ng-to-be-a-cop
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

But wait...according to judge blackburn, he was just exercising his first amendment rights by claiming to be a police officer.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    We had a guy that interviewed for a Reserve Deputy job and had jumped through all the hoops to get hired and all he lacked was a date to go to the academy. He got stopped on I-40 for doing over 100 mph.

He claimed he was with the county. The trouble was, that no one in the county knew him. A call to the Sheriff confirmed that although he had been considered as a candidate, he was not officially an officer.

That ended his career before it ever got started. Its not hard to verify status of an officer, it can be as quick as a phone call on the side of the road.

If you claim it, you had better be one.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If I was stopped for doing 100 mph I would be too embarrassed to even mention that I was an LEO.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    The man claimed to be a police officer with the South Point Police Department, but officers discovered that the man was a former auxiliary officer who was dismissed three months ago because of suspected drug activity.
    Easy to see why he was a former auxiliary officer.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

They actually had an off duty Border Patrol guy was stopped for speeding in Mission Texas,when the LEO started writing him a ticket the Federal LEO felt as if he was above the law and drove off,which resulted in a Pursuit and arrest and the end of dipsticks career
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    If I was stopped for doing 100 mph I would be too embarrassed to even mention that I was an LEO.
    Amen to that. I think I'd just hang my head in shame and take whatever was dealt to me.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    But wait...according to judge blackburn, he was just exercising his first amendment rights by claiming to be a police officer.
    Dang....took my post....first thing I though of when I read the headline.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I don't think you would have to mention it really, LEOs know each other and I bet it would show up anyway if they ran your license.
    I know a former-LEO who got arrested by his training officer for DUI. Talk about awkward!!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Looks like there are a few of us who understood that comment.
    As below, Thank you for your service.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Sponsored Links