Good: Woman 2, thugs 0 in home invasion!

This is a discussion on Good: Woman 2, thugs 0 in home invasion! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This woman was lucky she could think clearly enough to get to her purse with her gun in it after one of the thugs was ...

Thread: Good: Woman 2, thugs 0 in home invasion!

Good: Woman 2, thugs 0 in home invasion!

This woman was lucky she could think clearly enough to get to her purse with her gun in it after one of the thugs was already holding her purse to start with. Keep in mind your gun will serve you better if it is on your person instead of out of reach in a drawer or purse.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oklahoma break-in turns deadly when 'victim' pulls gun and fires
    Posted: July 24, 2010
    11:00 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

Entertainment center smashed while intruders were attacking Okahoma woman (Photo by Steven Conrad of Conrad Images)

One gun isn't enough.

That was what Linda Smith (a pseudonym) was thinking after two thugs broke into her Oklahoma apartment. One was holding a weapon (she initially thought it was a knife but it turned out to be a screwdriver) at her throat, and the other was pacing back and forth while holding her purse and demanding her money and valuables. She screamed, and was told if she screamed again, she'd be dead.

She was doing as police recommend in robberies – comply with a robber's demands. But her Lady Smith & Wesson .38 special, which she carries by permit, was hidden in her purse – and the purse was being held by one of the attackers.

Read the rest of the story here: http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=181341

2. Remove Ads

Tough woman! Not afraid to defend herself and put an end to to more dirtbags.
    Hopefully, the dirtbag still breathing will pay for the death of his fellow scumbag.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    WOW!

VIP Member
    The lady had a lot of luck on her side - not least of which is that the felons allowed her to crawl to her weapon.

It is also noteworthy that the felons were going down fighting and that her boyfriend was fighting for her and "that one of the attackers actually had a headlock on him when she fired, knocking the assailant off of him.

"He had jumped into Smith's defense as both attackers were beating Smith's face and head, trying to knock her out to break her "death grip" on the weapon. "

Never stop shooting until the threat is neutralized.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

They got the Hand that was delt & (LOST) ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I love a happy ending.

Would have been much better if she had carried on her person, rather than her purse
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    The lady had a lot of luck on her side - not least of which is that the felons allowed her to crawl to her weapon.

It is also noteworthy that the felons were going down fighting and that her boyfriend was fighting for her and "that one of the attackers actually had a headlock on him when she fired, knocking the assailant off of him.

"He had jumped into Smith's defense as both attackers were beating Smith's face and head, trying to knock her out to break her "death grip" on the weapon. "

Never stop shooting until the threat is neutralized.
    I am gracious for her and her boyfriend's survival.

However, I bet she is reconsidering getting a gun with some more ammo capacity now. The news article mentioned her shooting her Ladysmith revolver which we all know is a 5 shot capacity, and all 5 shots were reported fired in this fight. Despite already being shot and wounded, the criminals still were able to beat on this woman to try to get her gun away from her, even though it was empty at that point.

This is a real life example of why I stepped up from a 5 shot airweight revolver to a baby Glock 26 with night sights. Twice the ammo capacity, 30% more energy in the 9mm round, and I can put shots on target about twice as fast as I ever could with the little snubby.

Perhaps carrying 2 airweight snubs at a time would be more reassuring? On the other hand, a gun already in the hand is quicker if it isn't empty.

Too bad she didn't kill both of them.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

...The man who was attempting to rape me, had me pinned down to my couch, with a knife at my throat. I knew I didn't have access to my gun. I thought to myself, I really need to have a firearm for my home, and directly on my person."

'Linda Smith', Victim; Home invasion, battery, attempted rape by force and attempted murder
    - Life
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Tough woman! Not afraid to defend herself and put an end to to more dirtbags.
    Hopefully, the dirtbag still breathing will pay for the death of his fellow scumbag.
    It would be great if he got the murder wrap and still had to be hooked up to machines until he's dead. The other guy got off too easy.

Asked for $ and got $3.50 in lead. Well done.

BTW, where has PinkLady been? LOL
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Excellent outcome. Good that the woman and her mate both made it out alive.

This does show that not ALL scum bags run at the sound of the first shot..... Don't stop shooting till the threat is done and keep more ammo!

VIP Member
    Yeah, I think the knuckle dragger that lived should count his blessings that all she had was a five shot, cause it sounds to me like she would have emptied the firearm, no matter what it was. Oh well, they are the idiots who started that party, so I guess the got what they had coming.

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Yeah, this was just posted here not too long ago in another thread but the news report was not nearly as detailed as this one!

I gotta say, she did what she had to do. She was able to think on her feet and do whatever it took to get to that gun. And her shooting skills were not too bad either. One dead and the other hanging on by a thread.

Good for her!

It just goes to show you, it can happen anywhere, anytime to anyone!

Keep that gun with you at all times, and you may just survive like this woman did.

I don't fault a woman for having her gun in her purse, even while at home. I would prefer some sort of "on body" carry mode, but at least she had the gun and knew how to use it!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links