This is what can happen in a "good, safe" town.

This is a discussion on This is what can happen in a "good, safe" town. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Crime knows no boundaries. Stay alert and lock your doors & windows! String of Possibly Related Burglaries: Police believe the following four complaints could all ...

Thread: This is what can happen in a "good, safe" town.

Distinguished Member

Crime knows no boundaries.

Stay alert and lock your doors & windows!

String of Possibly Related Burglaries:

Police believe the following four complaints could all be related. Police are limiting the details they release on the cases until further investigations are completed:

-Police responded to an alarm on July 24 at 9:34 p.m. on Old Norwalk Road. Upon arriving at the scene, police found a screen had been removed from a window and the window was damaged where it had been forced open. The residents had left their house at approximately 7:15 p.m. that evening. Investigators are unsure if anyone had gained entry to the home, nothing has been reported missing.
    -Later that evening at 10:04 p.m., police responded to an attempted burglary on Ludlow Road. A window had been forced slightly open, causing damage tot he window frame. Police do not believe anyone entered the home. The 49-year-old resident had been gone since the previous morning. Nothing has been reported missing.
    -On July 24 at 10:40 p.m., police responded to another tripped house alarm on Norholt Drive. Upon checking the house, officers noticed a door was forced open. Police are unsure if the intruders entered the home as nothing has been reported missing.
    -While officers were responding to the alarm on Norholt Drive, they received another call at 11 p.m. from a resident in the vicinity of Summersweet Lane. The complainant said someone rang her doorbell and when she peered through her window she observed a white male standing at her door and another man hiding in her bushes.
    Complete article: http://newcanaan.patch.com/articles/...y-theft-more#c

yeesh, talk about a crime spree. Good thing they didn't just open the door
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Yeah, that whole door thing' has become more risky. I use to never lock my doors and never think twice about it. The area I live in is pretty tame in comparison to others. Anyway, I answered the garage door which is a solid core fire rated style, so no direct view. Turns out, I ended up being somewhat compromised about a year ago, so a peep-hole is now on my task list. Hmm, I wonder how long I'll drag my feet with before I actually install it...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    New Canaan is one of the richest towns in CT with a median income in the neighborhood of $145K. Just goes to show that crime does indeed know no boundaries as mentioned above.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Sounds like pratice...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have never left my doors unlocked ever,when I had a wife and kids in the home,I drilled locking doors behind them,I was trained in Security and knew how many times people were robbed and never knew it,the thief would see a purse and sneak in the nearest door grab it and take off or worse
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links