Let's Welcome Bill, Hillary and Chelsea to My Neighborhood

This is a discussion on Let's Welcome Bill, Hillary and Chelsea to My Neighborhood within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Chelsea's wedding is tomorrow, in Rhinebeck, NY, which is just a few miles from my house. The roads are being closed, my airport has restrictions, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chelsea's wedding is tomorrow, in Rhinebeck, NY, which is just a few miles from my house.

The roads are being closed, my airport has restrictions, and it's going to be an all around mess trying to get anywhere tomorrow.

I think I will just relax tomorrow, maybe go to the range (if it's not closed), and stay away from the party.

If anyone wants to waste some time, here's the local newspaper article about it:

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles...6111961429.txt
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Gotta love that irony...
    You get to pay for the roads you travel on, and...
    You get to pay to NOT be allowed to travel on the roads you paid for...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Keep your wife and daughters inside for the weekend.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Did Bill, Hillary or Chelsea and her new hubby happen to shoot/mug someone or get shot/mugged?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-the-Ugly-quot

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Did Bill, Hillary or Chelsea and her new hubby happen to shoot/mug someone or get shot/mugged?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-the-Ugly-quot

- Janq
    Fair enough....

Mods, please move into the Off Topic if you wish.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Yes do go shooting as loud and fast as possible, if tannerite is legal take some of it-MAKE SOME ANTIS CRINGE THE WHOLE DAMN TIME!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

There is something wrong with the world when a few people get treated different than other people,france had an uprising,and everybody of noble descent they could catch was beheaded
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Agreed Duk. The president, cabinet members and Congressmen and women aren't any more important than anyone else. They have an important job, yes. But that doesn't mean they're worth more or should get more privileges than you and me.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Had a radio station on during my commute to work today. They had a guy who sounded like Bill Clinton do a prank call to a stable in the city where the wedding is taking place. He asked to rent three horses for Chelsea's wedding. The owner asked if they were needed to pull a carriage or for them to ride. "Bill" replied, "No we need bridesmaids"

VIP Member
    In fact, Obama said on ABC-TV’s “The View,” he wasn’t even invited.
    I doubt they could find a large enough building to contain two egos that large. I think if I lived there I would have already departed for the weekend.
    Last edited by msgt/ret; July 31st, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The wonders of a class-less society. More's the pity.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Amazingly, Chelsea turned out to be a charming young lady. (considering she sprang from the loins of B & H)
    Good luck on her marriage.
    But I don't care beyond that.

Another example of how the ruling class (Washington) shows the peasants (taxpayers) they don't matter.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There is something wrong with the world when a few people get treated different than other people,france had an uprising,and everybody of noble descent they could catch was beheaded
    Please keep in mind that no one is a descendant of nobility. Go visit Hope, Arkansas sometime and see for yourself the extremely humble if not deprived life he led as a youth.

Three cheers for anyone who can come from that background and rise to become as important, wealthy, and influential. That goes for guys like former Presidents Truman, Nixon, Reagan, Eisenhower, Johnson and O as well.

Yes, today they are important and worthy of special protection but they got there by being smart as can be, and by working their back ends off to achieve something, to make something of themselves. Come to think of it, isn't that what all the social conservatives think of as the ideal? Work hard, get ahead, do it on your own merit. Of course that's "kinda" hard when you are born with a silver foot in your mouth.
    Last edited by Hopyard; July 31st, 2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I think it is our duty to protect all of our former presidents for the rest of their lives. No they are not "more important" or "better" than the rest of us, but let's be honest. There are a lot of whacko's out there with their own agendas that want to kill every president we've ever had for one reason or another, and some of them hold grudges. These men have placed their own lives in danger to lead us for 4-8 years, and we should be obligated to try to keep them safe when they are out of office. I would be ashamed to be an American if we left our former presidents unprotected and one of them was assassinated.

That said, I am glad I don't still live in Hyde Park. I would be stuck at home all day. I used to live across the road from FDR's mansion, and I'm sure a few dignitaries would want tours.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Please keep in mind that no one is a descendant of nobility. Go visit Hope, Arkansas sometime and see for yourself the extremely humble if not deprived life he led as a youth.

Three cheers for anyone who can come from that background and rise to become as important, wealthy, and influential. That goes for guys like former Presidents Truman, Nixon, Reagan, Eisenhower, Johnson and O as well.

Yes, today they are important and worthy of special protection but they got there by being smart as can be, and by working their back ends off to achieve something, to make something of themselves. Come to think of it, isn't that what all the social conservatives think of as the ideal? Work hard, get ahead, do it on your own merit. Of course that's "kinda" hard when you are born with a silver foot in your mouth.
    Yeah, but the difference is that there are those of us that work hard to get to where we are and expect to continue to work hard to keep the life we so cherish. Which is not the same as working hard to get where we are and then doing everything we can to live off the fruits of everyone else's labor once we get there.

Do I respect them for the fact that they managed to get to where they are? Absolutely, but that's ALL they get from me. They are no more or less important than any other man. Yes their job function is important, but that doesn't mean that they're wants and desires and irrational fears trump our most basic rights. I'm sorry, you're worried about an assasination? Great...do your job to the best of your ability...oh and defend yourself and your family with the same options you've left us! You want extra body guards...great...pay for them... YOURSELF. You want to go on a shopping spree around the world...great...more power to ya...ON YOUR OWN DIME.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links