Man Still Critical After Being Shot By Wife Six Times

Man Still Critical After Being Shot By Wife Six Times

This is a discussion on Man Still Critical After Being Shot By Wife Six Times within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.ktvz.com/news/24445279/detail.html BEND, Ore -- A prominent Bend developer who was shot six times by his wife this week, saying she believed he was an intruder, ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Man Still Critical After Being Shot By Wife Six Times

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array WhoWeBePart1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    762

    Post Man Still Critical After Being Shot By Wife Six Times

    http://www.ktvz.com/news/24445279/detail.html

    BEND, Ore -- A prominent Bend developer who was shot six times by his wife this week, saying she believed he was an intruder, remained in critical condition Friday.

    Friends of 60-year-old Stephen Trono said he seemed to be improving following multiple surgeries.

    They said his wife, Angelicque, has been by his side the entire time.


    (I shall hope this is the proper way to post a news story. A URL and a tad bit of information from the article)


  2. #2
    Senior Member Array Tala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    716
    The wife in this case seems a little "off" since she's always finding herself in the middle of mysterious fires. I wonder if she's been evaluated or on some kind of medication? She might need something...

    I'm super glad I have my dogs as an intruder detection system since my hubby works overnight, and theortetically could come home unannounced while I'm sleeping. IF they bark at my hubby (which they rarely do) it's an obvious happy "yip" rather than their intruder alert barking/growling. I'd know without a doubt if it was his shadow in the hallway, even in the dark.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,742
    Very sad and reinforces the need to identify your target before shooting. Here’s hoping he pulls through.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  4. #4
    Member Array EPIC SCUMBAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
    Posts
    152
    2 things: she's a firestarter and will someone check her lithium levels?

  5. #5
    VIP Member
    Array Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,344
    I dunno but I'm thinking it wasn't an accident!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

    "A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    I'm super glad I have my dogs as an intruder detection system since my hubby works overnight, and theortetically could come home unannounced while I'm sleeping. IF they bark at my hubby (which they rarely do) it's an obvious happy "yip" rather than their intruder alert barking/growling. I'd know without a doubt if it was his shadow in the hallway, even in the dark.
    I wouldn't bet on that at all. One of my dogs, which loved my son over everyone, growled a mean growl and woke me up and in seconds ... as he entered the room ..... she was really giving every warning to him to not come any further and at which point I had a .357 on him....... when I said "DON'T MOVE"... he quickly told me who it was. He was just a dark sillohoute to me. I changed the lighting in a way that won't allow someone to see me, but will allow me now to better see them.

    We never knew why she did it, but ... she did. She never did it again either. She knew him quite well.... even in the dark.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Very sad and reinforces the need to identify your target before shooting. Here’s hoping he pulls through.
    I'm willing to bet she did identify her target,this story sounds like she set him up to shoot him,bet he has a big life insurance with double indemnity for accidental death,If I was the cops I wouldn't let her in the same room without an LEO present,he just might develope a breathing problem when she reaches across the bed for something and inadvertently cuts off his airway.Sounds to me that she is scared he will come around and say my wife tried to murder me
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  8. #8
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm willing to bet she did identify her target,this story sounds like she set him up to shoot him,bet he has a big life insurance with double indemnity for accidental death,If I was the cops I wouldn't let her in the same room without an LEO present,he just might develope a breathing problem when she reaches across the bed for something and inadvertently cuts off his airway.Sounds to me that she is scared he will come around and say my wife tried to murder me
    Good point, I hadn’t thought of it that way, sort of like the widow when asked why her sixth husband died of strangulation instead of mushroom poisoning. Her answer “He wouldn’t eat the mushrooms”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array Tala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that at all. One of my dogs, which loved my son over everyone, growled a mean growl and woke me up and in seconds ... as he entered the room ..... she was really giving every warning to him to not come any further and at which point I had a .357 on him....... when I said "DON'T MOVE"... he quickly told me who it was. He was just a dark sillohoute to me. I changed the lighting in a way that won't allow someone to see me, but will allow me now to better see them.

    We never knew why she did it, but ... she did. She never did it again either. She knew him quite well.... even in the dark.
    Well I don't mean to hijack the thread, but here's how a situation played out one morning.
    I wake up to dogs barking alarm. I see that it's about dawn and think "Hubbs must have got a ride with his sister, they don't recognize the car" so I lay there and listen. Give it a minute. They're still barking fiercely and hubbs hasn't come in. THAT's when I reached for the gun coz I knew it was more than a false alarm at that point.
    There really was someone at the door, and it wasn't hubby.
    I live in the city, neighbors come and go at all hours. If I grabbed for a gun everytime my dogs barked...it would be pretty comical and stupid of me.
    Also your dog must have been in the room with you, so the kid came in without a car or a other warning. Mine sleep in the living room, where they have a chance to recognize the car, the key in the door, DH's person and his voice before he gets to the bedroom where I am. If he were to say something to them, they would quiet it down, whereas when a stranger was out there they didn't ever calm down until he was gone or they were dead. That's the difference.

    When I deliver pizza I find it rather stupid of people who are yelling at their dogs before they even get to the door. I want my dog to keep barking as long as the "threat" exists.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array obxned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    OBX, NC
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Very sad and reinforces the need to identify your target before shooting.
    Perhaps she did.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Man shot in the back 6 times
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 9th, 2009, 02:42 PM
  2. BAD -- Mahnomen County Sheriff's Deputy Shot, Critical but Stable Condition
    By DaveH in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 18th, 2009, 08:53 PM
  3. Bad guy gets shot 22 times - 17 COM with a .40 but still shoots a cop 4 times(merged)
    By razz in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: January 10th, 2009, 11:52 PM
  4. Man shot four times over beer
    By Janq in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: June 12th, 2007, 08:55 PM
  5. How'd you feel being shot five times in one day?
    By fed_wif_a_sig in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 16th, 2006, 02:58 PM