fox "news" poll

This is a discussion on fox "news" poll within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; All I have to say is, if you don't like the flag, get out. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fox "news" poll

fox "news" poll

All I have to say is, if you don't like the flag, get out.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...anned-america/
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

2. Remove Ads

I voted. I never thought I would see the day when that would even be a question. But even more alarming to me is that only 67 percent are against it. It should be at least in the 90 percent range. I think as a country we are losing our soul and identity. I think by being so sensitive and tolarant of beliefs and traditions that are not traditionally American we are forgetting what America is and the reason it came to exist. We are losing our sovereignty.

Voted!
    But it's a sad day in America when 25% say yes.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Who do you think is the 25% IT IS SAD
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    I voted.
    This is what frosts me.

Quote from poll;
    Yes. The safety of students comes first. 25% (596,081 votes)

Whenever some bleating heart liberal skunk tries to get the Masses to see things from their perspective, they throw that line of malarkey, "for the children,"

or, " for the safety or the children" out there to make one feel, that , if you don't vote in favor of whatever it is, "for the children" you MUST not be for children, and therefore must be evil.
    What a bunch of bullcrap, from a handful of moronic social engineers

Have you ever noticed how nothing is impossible for those who don't have to do it?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

If you have a problem with the US flag then please leave our borders for the Countries flag you do support
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Since the poll has a May 6th date on it, any current voting is probably gratifying but meaningless.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Ron
    Is that a "real" web site and poll? It does not seem conceivable to me that Fox News would engage in a poll with choices and language that makes no sense, at least not to me.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    It really is sad to see a part of our culture turning away from Freedom and Liberty.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Waiting for the above to happen. That link is old and has been posted before around these parts.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    No way.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    At least 25% of the population are legal or illegal aliens or immigrants who come to this country with no real appreciation for the history and sacrifice Americans have made since 1776 to keep the flame of freedom and liberty alive and well, the symbol of which is our flag. We raise it in the morning and salute it when we lower it in the evening. We say a pledge to renew our promise at nearly every public gathering. We place it on the coffins of our most honored dead and present it to the families who take comfort in its representation of a grateful nation for their loved ones ultimate sacrifice. We expect immigrants to adopt our flag and our tradition as part of their assimilation process when they swear allegence to their new country. Nowhere is it written that immigrants may pick and choose which parts of America they would embrace and which they could ignore. To do otherwise tells me that they come here to take, not to give, to use, not to build and to duplicate what they left, rather than share what they might bring.
    God damn those who would support the idea to ban our flag in the name of political correctness.
    She is not called "Old Glory" for nothing. If your eyes don't tear at the sight of her rising to greet the day and your chest doesn't swell with pride when you see her leading a parade, you haven't learned what it means to be an American and I respectfully suggest you go back where you came from!

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    At least 25% of the population are legal or illegal aliens or immigrants who come to this country with no real appreciation for the history and sacrifice Americans have made since 1776 to keep the flame of freedom and liberty alive and well, the symbol of which is our flag. We raise it in the morning and salute it when we lower it in the evening. We say a pledge to renew our promise at nearly every public gathering. We place it on the coffins of our most honored dead and present it to the families who take comfort in its representation of a grateful nation for their loved ones ultimate sacrifice. We expect immigrants to adopt our flag and our tradition as part of their assimilation process when they swear allegence to their new country. Nowhere is it written that immigrants may pick and choose which parts of America they would embrace and which they could ignore. To do otherwise tells me that they come here to take, not to give, to use, not to build and to duplicate what they left, rather than share what they might bring.
    God damn those who would support the idea to ban our flag in the name of political correctness.
    She is not called "Old Glory" for nothing. If your eyes don't tear at the sight of her rising to greet the day and your chest doesn't swell with pride when you see her leading a parade, you haven't learned what it means to be an American and I respectfully suggest you go back where you came from!
    Well said. I never thought it would be an option to ban the flag that I salute almost every day. Its sad that some people see just a piece of cloth when they look at the flag; that flag is the symbol of freedom that so many of our brothers and sisters have died for.
    I agree wholeheartedly; if you don't like the flag of the United State, then move to another country where you don't have to see it.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    How about a poll for banning the Mexican flag except in embassies and such.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If you have a problem with the US flag then please leave our borders for the Countries flag you do support
    Amen!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links