Arrest: Man killed shooter at range/stole his AR-15 to use in anti-government group

This is a discussion on Arrest: Man killed shooter at range/stole his AR-15 to use in anti-government group within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.myfox11.com/global/story.asp?s=12911957 HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - A prison guard accused of shooting a lawyer to death at a gun range told police he found the man ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrest: Man killed shooter at range/stole his AR-15 to use in anti-government group

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Arrest: Man killed shooter at range/stole his AR-15 to use in anti-government group

http://www.myfox11.com/global/story.asp?s=12911957

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - A prison guard accused of shooting a lawyer to death at a gun range told police he found the man dead and stole his rifle so it could be used by an extremist group bent on overthrowing the U.S. government, court records show.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Cold. No robbery, just kill the man and take his gun.
    If possible, have a cw at any range.

VIP Member
    As Judge Roy Bean said “Give them a fair trial then take them out back and hang’em” no need to waste any more taxpayer money than necessary.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If you can't afford to buy a gun to overthrow the government,I'm pretty sure your wasting your time,a couple mags of 223 won't get you too far past barney.This is why I always carry concealed at the range and even tho it's gated with members only,I don't trust nobody
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Yikes!!!!

1) Perp doesn't sound too smart.

2) Maybe he has gotten use to the prison digs and wanted to relocate to the other side of the bars.

Ranges scare me :(, God help me if I ever run into a neo nazi alone in an outdoor range!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Ranges scare me :(, God help me if I ever run into a neo nazi alone in an outdoor range!
    You and I both very likely already have run into such an aligned person, without knowing/realizing it.
    One of multiple reasons why I prefer to be at public outdoor ranges alone...And always as a rule I go to public rages of any sort as armed, with a gun other than the one I intend to practice/train with. This is key.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Even if you do have a CW at a range, the likelihood of knowing that someone meant you harm would not necessarily be evident. It is common place for people to carry weapons to and from the range, and not always in a case or other carry option. Even if you did have the best SA, you could not always know that the shooter on the range 3 lanes down had emptied his weapon before putting it in his carry option.
    If you are on the firing line concentrating on your shot placement, all it would take is one well placed shot at point blank and they have whatever they want. I too prefer an empty range, but that just don't always happen, unless you have your own range in your basement. JMHO
    I prefer to have a shooting partner that I trust with my life...literally
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

One of multiple reasons why I prefer to be at public outdoor ranges alone...And always as a rule I go to public rages of any sort as armed, with a gun other than the one I intend to practice/train with. This is key.
    I only have one gun
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I only have one gun
    I only have two. My CCW and my 12-gauge. I usually shoot both at the range. I've been wanting to get a Kimber, but it's so hard with my current car payment to save up for one.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I only have one gun
    Let me guess...A Glock 19?!?! JKJK

In all seriousness, I think it is vital to your own safety that you take a shooting partner. It makes your shooting time Safer and more enjoyable. A BG is a lot less likely to confront, Harass or acost when he knows that there is more than 1 that he/she will have to contend with, the same as we would not want to contend with more than 1,
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

My 1st rule is no going alone to any range private or public. You just never know who will show up with what agenda in mind. I always keep a look out with a pistol on me at all times just in case. Not perfect, but way better than total oblivion.

Here in WV we had a Youth Minister from a local church shooting alone at a public range I frequent. He was killed by one shot through his hearing protection gear by an Army deserter from the bushes adjacent to the bench where he was.

They murdered him only because they wanted to steal his firearms.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by sandman1212 View Post
    Let me guess...A Glock 19?!?! JKJK

In all seriousness, I think it is vital to your own safety that you take a shooting partner. It makes your shooting time Safer and more enjoyable. A BG is a lot less likely to confront, Harass or acost when he knows that there is more than 1 that he/she will have to contend with, the same as we would not want to contend with more than 1,
    Most of my friends are Antis
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Most of my friends are Antis
    I'm in the same boat.
    I have no shooting partner where I live, and haven't for five years....Not that I haven't tried.

Thus the reason why I prefer to go to the outdoor range at times and on days when I know nobody will be around (very low odds).
    As well in doing so I have an open range to train on the range in a 270 degree fashion with multiple placement targets, as rather than standing at the line doing bullseye style precision shooting drills. Handgun, shotgun and carbine.

If and when some other secondary person appears you know what i typically will do?.
    End my session, pack up my gear from down range as to go home....And/or stand to the side to feign resting while analyzing the fellow shooter as he/she unpacks to see if they are to my standard acting in a safe gun handling manner.

Very often i wind up going home. I've even done so just having been on the range less than a half hours time.
    My rule: Tomorrow is another day.
    This is my outdoor public range rule.

My indoor range rules are similar though there I almost always select or will be RSO assigned the outer most lane against either wall, far and away from other shooters...For my own safety (!) as well as privacy.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Thus the reason why I prefer to go to the outdoor range at times and on days when I know nobody will be around (very low odds).
    I find that if I go to the indoor range on a nice day after work (when everyone wants to be outside) is is empty and is just me and the two RSOs
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links