Tapes from Costco shooting now online

This is a discussion on Tapes from Costco shooting now online within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by EB31 Unreal. Cops can say whatever they want after the fact, and get away with it."He was a deadly threat with that ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tapes from Costco shooting now online

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Unreal. Cops can say whatever they want after the fact, and get away with it."He was a deadly threat with that gun". Wow.

Costco cameras failed 2 days before? How convenient. Not buying it.
    So the company that sold and maintains the video system, and the U.S. secret service are all in on the conspiracy too? And that other company (Seagate) as well? Can you tell us how they benefit from this cover up? What is in it for them?
    He said Scott's only words to him were that he had a gun? Let's see. I'm a legally armed citizen who may or may not have just had words with a store mgr and his security guard. I walk out to 3 officers pointing guns at me. Surely I identify myself as being armed.
    So would I. But would you say that you have a permit and are legally armed, or would you say I GOT A GUN!!!!!! or something in between?

Mosher told Scott to show his hands and put his gun down twice. Scott would not comply.

Let's break this down. By Moshers own testimony, Scotts gun was holstered as he exited the store. Thus making Moshers commands conflicting. He could show his hands, and obviously had his arms raised when shot as he was shot in the armpit. In the least, he had one arm raised while he attempted to compmy and relieve himself of his weapon.....or "drop the gun"....AS ORDERED. He could not drop his holstered handgun unless he reached for it and put it down. This is where I believe the fatal mistake was made. I believe Scott, in an attempt to comply to 3 aggitated (Mosher admits to being unnerved before hand simply by hearing Scott was a green beret) officers...yelling conflicting commands...went to disarm himself. Fatal mistake.
    You are assuming that all of the commands were given with Scott just standing there like a statue. If however the officer ordered Scott to show his hands, and then Scott drew his weapon, and then the officer ordered him to put the gun down, there is no conflict.

Absolute bad shoot. And even a worse coverup.

This all starts with the Costco security guard calling 911 and embellishing the incident inside to make sure he got the police there. Well, he did. And it cost a man his life.
    Are you one of the witnesses? If you did not see what Scott was doing and hear what security told the call taker how do you know that security embellished anything?
    In the aftermath...it's easier to pin the blame on the deceased (dead men tell no tales) as he can't defend himself....rather than to say "Well we overreacted because of the intial information given to us blowing the incident severely out of proportion."

God forbid the truth be told.

Well done LVPD. Yet another bad shoot covered up.
    Yeah, and if the truth were told, who would even listen?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    my first post on this particular thread--The article stated that Scott was discharged honorably 2 years after graduating from West Point: The usual time committment required to serve, after graduating from USMA is 6 years (if I remember correctly).... He could have been discharged "honoarably" early for any number of valid reasons, but add that early discharge to his intentional misrepresentations (to both his girlfriend and the costco manager) about being SF and just having returned from Iraq, paints an intruging picture........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    Closed to due to members behaving like my 3 year old, I am cleaning it up and it will reopen soon
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    Okay the thread is now open

Think before you type and if it gets out of hand I'll tell Lima to let JD out of his cage and the banning monster will clean up this thread
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links