Ex-Girl Friend shot breaking into Ex-Boyfriend's mother's home

This is a discussion on Ex-Girl Friend shot breaking into Ex-Boyfriend's mother's home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nothing like running home at lunch and seeing police tape around a neighbor's house. http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=12917122 Not allot of info at this point, so I didn't ...

Thread: Ex-Girl Friend shot breaking into Ex-Boyfriend's mother's home

Ex-Girl Friend shot breaking into Ex-Boyfriend's mother's home

Nothing like running home at lunch and seeing police tape around a neighbor's house.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=12917122

Not allot of info at this point, so I didn't lable as good or bad.
    I suppose it's bad if she was actually invited and ended up shot, or good if she brought the gun, broke in and ended up shot.

Funny thing is, my wife just made a comment last night about the fact that I carry in the house. (She understands carrying around town, but in/around the house she seems to find unnecessary.)
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

2. Remove Ads

wow not too often we hear about the angry ex-gf getting shot breaking in....
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

The movie "Fatal Attraction" just flashed through my mind for some reason...
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Wow, My parents live right near Zierdt there in Lake Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by MSteve View Post
    Nothing like running home at lunch and seeing police tape around a neighbor's house.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=12917122

Not allot of info at this point, so I didn't lable as good or bad.
    I suppose it's bad if she was actually invited and ended up shot, or good if she brought the gun, broke in and ended up shot.

Funny thing is, my wife just made a comment last night about the fact that I carry in the house. (She understands carrying around town, but in/around the house she seems to find unnecessary.)
    Hey, I carry in a clip on OWB around the house. It's zero trouble. Further, I have two young boys and the safest place for my guns outside the safe is on my hip. I've run through several scenarios, and if I have a home invasion or otherwise unwanted intruder, a gun in the safe is as useful as a county Sheriff ten miles away. My wife and I watch "I Survived" on Bio, and at least 5 shows have included the line "if I could just get to my gun, I could...." Well, I can get to my gun. In less than a second. Our "I Survived" story would last about 2 minutes:

On XXXXX night, two armed men broke through their back door while they were watching TV. (Cut scene). Me: "I survived because my S&W MP .40C was on my hip and I capped the first guy through the door before he realized I was armed. I shot the second guy, but he managed to crawl back out the door he came through and I didn't have the heart to shoot him again. The cops found him at the edge of my yard gasping for breath. Were we lucky? No, just ready."

Seriously, carrying at home doesn't make you weird. It's on my hip now, I'm doing everything I'd do without it, I don't notice it, it's handy, secure, and available.

Even without the details, it is still possible to say that breaking into somebody elses home will probably have bad consequences.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Even without the details, it is still possible to say that breaking into somebody elses home will probably have bad consequences.
    +1 on that. If she brought the gun or it was already there, it's likely bad things are going to happen either way.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

VIP Member
    women...
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links