BAD- A loving gesture leads to a killing

This is a discussion on BAD- A loving gesture leads to a killing within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc..._99947809.html Kind of a long article but worth the read. It's very sickening that someone is so impatient and can't wait a few seconds at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD- A loving gesture leads to a killing

BAD- A loving gesture leads to a killing

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc..._99947809.html

Kind of a long article but worth the read. It's very sickening that someone is so impatient and can't wait a few seconds at a green light, yet the same person follows the other vehicle and kills the driver.

I think there are lessons to be learned from this story. If someone is swerving in front of my car and stopping at right angles to block me, I'm calling the cops right away, Especially with my wife and kids in the car. You've got to be aware of your surroundings; there is no reason why the victim should have ever gotten out of his vehicle the same time as the killer.

All in all, a very tragic story and it teaches us lessons as how not to be a victim.

2. Remove Ads

Anymore, in some places, being "in the way" of someone is taken to be just as much of a chest-thumping, penile challenge to some as the "wrong look" at an angry thug. We've all been there, when someone with more testosterone than sense gets tied in a knot because of some perceived, non-existent slight. Anymore, such things are taken as threats to be punished ... by death, if the opportunity arises. Murder, to some, has become the penalty of choice to inflict on others.

What a sad shadow of civility society has become.

Absolutely, this story is a good reminder of what NOT to do. Don't exit the vehicle if any of those sorts of indicators exist (raucous horn usage; swerving driving; blocking one's path; violent or threatening gestures/speech; etc).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hopefully this dirtbag will get some of that famous Texas justice I have heard about(by legal means of course).

Very sad story, prayers go out to their entire family. I hope that man gets what is coming to him, I think if you kill someone you need to die the same death you gave your victims...

An armed defense may have saved a life, but they should not have stopped while they were being followed. They could/should have called 911 and sought a police car.
    Sad day for this family. I hope the dirtbag responsible (already accused of similar tactics) never gets out of prison.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    That is un-friggin-believable! Well, if this ever happens to me I will be very prepared when they get to my window.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

It doesn't sound like the victim or his wife had any idea of the danger ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    It doesn't sound like the victim or his wife had any idea of the danger ahead.
    In the article, the wife of the victim states" he started tailgating us. I thought he was going to hit the back, where the kids were.” Plus, it mentioned the killer blocking the victim's Jeep at right angles." I just wish we had more aware people out there; that would prevent many tragedies like this one.

Agreed.
    The fact that the victim got out and then was reaching back in to get his wallet to pay for what he was going to purchase, when he was attacked, leads me to believe that he had no idea what was coming.

Extreemly sad lesson to learn.

Hope this road-rager gets his soonest.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

A car tailgates them,cuts them off in a parking lot,and he acts like nothing is gonna happen,talk about having your head in the sand.In Tx that guy is lucky he didn't pick somebody that had a gun and lives in condition orange,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I've got a feeling the perp thought the vic was going for a weapon. Not that it matters.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by CplVargas View Post
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc..._99947809.html

I think there are lessons to be learned from this story. If someone is swerving in front of my car and stopping at right angles to block me, I'm calling the cops right away, Especially with my wife and kids in the car.
    There is no reason why he had to get out...but if it were me, I'd have my wife on the cell phone, and I'd be looking to make a U-turn, legal or not, or looking for another avenue of escape.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Horrible. But, let's say the victim was armed and used deadly force to defend himself. Would he be charged with murder for disproportionate use of force? It seems many laws on the books don't allow you to defend yourself with deadly force unless the aggressor is also using deadly force. I think many don't consider fists a deadly weapon. I, for one, am tired of this argument as instances of people being beaten to death with fists and feet abound. If I'm accosted by someone who is 6'3" 275 lbs who wants to punch me in the head, I'm thinking that punch has the potential to kill me. If the hotheads in our community are allowed to fight anyone they wish at anytime without fear of getting plugged in the chest, they'll keep doing it. Is someone brandishing their fists at you considered a deadly threat? Thoughts?

Senior Moderator
    Stephen Richardson, 44 — a man with a lengthy criminal history who was awaiting trial on an aggravated assault charge — turned to face her and she stared at him.
    Another idiot judge releases a violent criminal on bond, and another innocent person pays the price for the judge's stupidity.

Sad.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links