Crazy- 40 minute shootout in Charlotte, NC

This is a discussion on Crazy- 40 minute shootout in Charlotte, NC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 40 minutes, 30 rds shot by the BG with a shotgun, 60 rds shot by the Cops. BG gets minor wound on his rear! "In ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy- 40 minute shootout in Charlotte, NC

Crazy- 40 minute shootout in Charlotte, NC

40 minutes, 30 rds shot by the BG with a shotgun, 60 rds shot by the Cops. BG gets minor wound on his rear!

"In a written statement released Friday morning, the CMPD said Richmond fired approximately 30 rounds. There were 17 officers at the scene and eight of them returned fire over the course of the 40-minute standoff. The officers discharged approximately 60 rounds, CMPD said."

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12936229
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

2. Remove Ads

Typical Mother that thinks her kid can't do no wrong,Sounds like the Officers shot Like they do at the firing range,A lot of LEO never fire their guns unless they have to qualify so I'm not surprised,They are lucky they didn't go up against somebody with a rifle that knew how to shoot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

As with everything regarding the news....there is something missing from the story....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Mama: "I don't believe that he (the dirtbag) was shooting at them (the cops), he may have, but I don't believe that he was because he wasn't trying to kill or hurt anybody."
    The only thing that this mother missed was the part about him turning his life around...oh wait, that's after he has killed someone, my bad!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

She doesn't believe he was shooting at them trying to hurt or kill them? Is there ever any other reason to shoot AT someone?Isn't the act of firing a gun in the direction of another trying to hurt or kill them?

90 shots total fired over 40 minutes and there was 1 hit scored in the buttocks...17 on 1...not good percentages.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    This is something. This mother is in total denial. She should be thankful that her son is still alive after shooting at police officers.

Maybe the shed was laughing at him.

Sounds to me like the officers in this story need to spend a bit more time at the range.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Looks to me like, the LEO needs to go back to school, and re-evaluate a "standoff". Obviously as one other poster described, they sure were not hitting anything. 40 shots are 39 too many.

GM
    "I don't believe that he was shooting at them, he may have, but I don't believe that he was because he wasn't trying to kill or hurt anybody." That really was something
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Ex Member
    Last year I took my little girl, she is 12, to the range. There were 8-10 LEO's there at the same time as us. After 30-40 minutes she said " Gee dad. Even I can shoot better than those guys." I responded "Yes because YOU PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    Maybe the shed was laughing at him.
    ^^^^^^^^^Definitely sounds as if JR. was off his meds, ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Coupled with this statement from Mom;

Sajen said her boyfriend initially called 911, but hung up. When dispatchers called back, Sajen said she told them the situation was under control and that she knew how to calm her son down based on previous altercations at her Somerdale Ln. home.

This ignorant family was housing a veritable timebomb, based on this information, leaving access to firearms, and letting him stay around. the Judge needs to mandate Jr. enlist in the military. This would straighten him out.

I agree with the others. The LEO in this story were in definite need of some serious range time.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."His Holiness, the XIV Dalai Lama
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Sounds to me like the officers in this story need to spend a bit more time at the range.
    Agreed, very much.
    Proverbial can't hit the side of a barn scenario.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

*** were they shooting at?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Just read the story. Seem to me there is a lot more wrong (based only on the story) than poor police marksmanship. In fact, marksmanship may not even be the major issue.

The guy was using a single shot shotgun, from within a house. Lots of cover for him.

The mother and neighbor were prevented from trying to calm him. Yes, police would have a legitimate concern for their safety, but ....

Story says initial shot was not fired at police or any person, just a shed. Sounds like someone stupidly blowing off steam and not necessarily trying to harm another.

Too few facts, but wow, 60 rounds from 8 cops? That sounds like way too little self-control from a supposedly well trained "SWAT" team.

Mayor and City Manager need to do some deep thinking about what happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links