You Aren't The Only Country With Illegal Immigration Problems!!

You Aren't The Only Country With Illegal Immigration Problems!!

This is a discussion on You Aren't The Only Country With Illegal Immigration Problems!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is breaking news, right now, in my town!! http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...esquimalt.html...

VIP Member

Exclamation You Aren't The Only Country With Illegal Immigration Problems!!

This is breaking news, right now, in my town!!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...esquimalt.html
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Not a surprise to this border-state guy.

"The officers and other officials donned surgical masks and gloves before boarding the ship, in light of reports there may be passengers with infectious diseases on board. Some reports indicate several passengers may be infected with tuberculosis."

This is just one reason we have immigration laws and procedures! Bring a pet into the country, it gets quarantined for something like 30 days; but detain illegal aliens, all of a sudden the whole world is up in arms.

"Officials erected large tarps to hide passengers from the media..."

Why? Do we suspect assassination attempts? Do they deserve any more shielding from the news media than any other criminal suspects?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post

Yeah well here's the difference.........."
    All the passengers from Sri Lanka are seeking refugee status, but the Canadian government stressed Thursday it will not tolerate "human trafficking.""

Our Fed doesn't give a rip about it nor the diseases that can be brougt in, all in the name of not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings and to gain a vote. You're a LOT better off than we are. +1 Canada!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Whew. Before I read the story I thought you were talking about US.

Wow.......I thought that Arizona was the only place that got illegals by the boat load. lol
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Yeah well here's the difference..........
    Our Fed doesn't give a rip about it nor the diseases that can be brougt in, all in the name of not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings and to gain a vote. You're a LOT better off than we are. +1 Canada!
    Please explain your admiration of Canada. The refugee / immigrant ship would get no better reception in California. If you think that they would, why do you think that they landed in Canada?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post

Nothing illegal about seeking refugee status. Nothing illegal about seeking entry. Your country will deal with each one as appropriate per your law and the international agreements it entered into.

Missed in all of these discussions is the horrendous humanitarian crisis that underlies attempts as this one. Human being don't become boat people for the fun of it.

I was in OZ when the Aussie Govt forced a similar boat to stay in Indonesia where the Indonesians refused to do a thing to
    deal with the humanity packed on board. The results were disgusting.

I hope no one reading our discussions ever finds themselves in need of refuge, but just as we all might think that impossible and something that can never happen to us, the world turns. Stuff happens. No one knows the future. Have a little humanity. Whether any of us want to think about it or not, it could be us.

Related and relevant --- find a copy of the book "Exodus" in a library and give it a read. You'll learn something about inhumanity.

scene them very closely.i would not put it past some of the groups out there to try to slip all types of danger in.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

People will do just about anything to get to the U.S. or Canada, even dying in the process. For only the hope of having a better life than where they came.

I really get ticked off when talking to some folks who trash the United States as a horrible place to live. I often ask them if we are so bad then why do we HAVE an immigration problem? They usually do not have an answer for it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Hopyard;1732988]Nothing illegal about seeking refugee status. Nothing illegal about seeking entry. Your country will deal with each one as appropriate per your law and the international agreements it entered into.

Missed in all of these discussions is the horrendous humanitarian crisis that underlies attempts as this one. Human being don't become boat people for the fun of it.

I was in OZ when the Aussie Govt forced a similar boat to stay in Indonesia where the Indonesians refused to do a thing to

What is missed in all these discussions is the horrendous humanitarian crisis that exists right here in this country. I am speaking of the homeless and hungry in the good old US of A. Especially with the economic turn down, too many of our own have no place to live and barely a subsistence diet. I say, take care of our own before we try to be the conscience for the rest of the world. With all the cutbacks and budget deficits, we can expect our own citizens to need some of the humanity we hand out that in reality is anything but a long term solution to global poverty. A long term plan to help the worlds hungry should include family planning, contraception, resource management, education and many other preventative measures to stop overpopulation. We could see to it that the governments of starving countries don't misuse foreign aid, but then it would probably require some moral restraint on the part of our own government. Yeah right!

VIP Member
    I really get ticked off when talking to some folks who trash the United States as a horrible place to live. I often ask them if we are so bad then why do we HAVE an immigration problem? They usually do not have an answer for it.
    Pet peeve. I also ask how many other countries they have been to as a comparison. Most have never left their home state and have no idea what conditions are like in other countries.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Siri Lanka?
    Don't worry, Canada, After the first snowstorm, they'll all be here.

Whoa! Post #1500. That was easy, I love this board.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post

What is missed in all these discussions is the horrendous humanitarian crisis that exists right here in this country. I am speaking of the homeless and hungry in the good old US of A. Especially with the economic turn down, too many of our own have no place to live and barely a subsistence diet. I say, take care of our own before we try to be the conscience for the rest of the world. With all the cutbacks and budget deficits, we can expect our own citizens to need some of the humanity we hand out that in reality is anything but a long term solution to global poverty. A long term plan to help the worlds hungry should include family planning, contraception, resource management, education and many other preventative measures to stop overpopulation. We could see to it that the governments of starving countries don't misuse foreign aid, but then it would probably require some moral restraint on the part of our own government. Yeah right!
    Well GG: You are absolutely right about a great deal of what you just wrote, but any time someone pops up to support such ideas they get labelled with the L word. Of course we must take care of our homeless and starving, and resource management and population issues. But that doesn't mean taking a hostile and unfeeling approach to other unfortunates. This thread is about a Canadian issue, and Canada is quite well able to handle a small number of boat people without going into hysterics about the possibility that they might include some undesirables. There are no easy answers to any of this stuff but being cruel isn't an answer.

What you see as "disgusting" I see as a good start, if you are referring to putting those unwanted masses on an island.

The aussie government has done what our government fails at, miserably I might add, and that is to protect the country. It controls, stringently, who it lets into their country, how long they stay, and what they can do while there. I see nothing wrong with the aussie approach to illegal immigration.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; August 17th, 2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: more info

Ex Member
    Hell they got there on a boat. Our illegals have to walk, or pack 10 into a Buick trunk.

Links