Good: Lawrence woman fends off large man's attack

Good: Lawrence woman fends off large man's attack

This is a discussion on Good: Lawrence woman fends off large man's attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While it is a short story it is full of awesome. This woman beat the crap out of this man. http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...rom-large-man/ Marchessault kicked Montes down ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good: Lawrence woman fends off large man's attack

Smile Good: Lawrence woman fends off large man's attack

While it is a short story it is full of awesome. This woman beat the crap out of this man.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...rom-large-man/

Marchessault kicked Montes down a flight of stairs, severely spraining his knee. She then punched his face so many times that she hurt her own hand.

“Then when we were halfway up the driveway, my hand was killing me, so that’s when I picked up the trash barrel and then just kept whacking him in the head,” said Marchessault.

If as claimed reported ...

Try that with witnesses in some regions of the country, and it's entirely likely to be charged with battery and have a jury find that following to whack the person with a trash can goes well beyond the time when the threat expired. Other than that little wrinkle and risk, she did well to turn the tables.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think she did great. She used the necessary force to detain a felon for the police.
    Too many women whack an attacker once or twice and think they are no longer a threat. I doubt that the ADA would even consider charges on the victim of an attempted rape for the force described.

GM
    I bet that the BG was very surprised .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Love it!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Ha! that guy just got OWNED by this female.....just awesome!

Too bad she wasn't packing and permanently ended that POS career
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

LMAO.... juries will forgive a certain degree of retribution.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    I think it is great that she was able to defend herself against someone alot bigger than her. This shouldn't have even happen, he should have still been behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    If as claimed reported ...

Try that with witnesses in some regions of the country, and it's entirely likely to be charged with battery and have a jury find that following to whack the person with a trash can goes well beyond the time when the threat expired. Other than that little wrinkle and risk, she did well to turn the tables.
    After reading similar things I am glad to live where I do. I figure she would get a handshake and a thanks around here. Though she or her dad would be much more likely to be armed as well. There's something about messing with moma bear when the cubs are near that is a VERY bad idea.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

He got OWNED! hah! I would hope my fiancee puts up a fight like that if anything were to ever happen to her. I can't see her facing charges anywhere... convicted rapist much larger than her tries to attack her and she beats the **** out of him, so what?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Try that with witnesses in some regions of the country, and it's entirely likely to be charged with battery
    No, that's just carping. In this case, the woman will get a plaque of appreciation from the city and a parade in her honor, and the dirtbag gets a long sentence in the clinky.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

The most irritating part:
    Montes, who is already a Level 2 sex offender for a 1995 rape conviction, is back behind bars.
    Why is he not already T AKING A DIRT NAP DANGIT!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

This story is full of win!

Interesting thing is though that here, in MA, this level of response if taken by say a male would (and has in the not long ago past) been viewed by DAs as going above and beyond that of self-defense. To which folks have been charged and even prosecuted. No joke, disparity of force inclusive.

Some would argue that at the time that the BG was severely disabled by falling down the stairs that the threat was itself ceased, and it was.
    Others would argue that upon being struck in the face as many times that he was unable to block or defend himself (!) this is definite proof he was no longer a threat, and it is.
    As well many would say that his effort to _escape/flee_ to the point that he made it out of the house and out to the mid point of their driveway (victims statement) shows that he not only was a non-threat but that the tables had turned to the victim becoming the aggressor as she along with her dad battered the man with not fear for their life but purpose for unlawful vengeance using a lethal weapon (trash can) as well as she stomping/kicking the man at and about his known to her injured leg/knee area.

But she will likely get off with no charges secondary, simply because she is female AND that the local police state that the intended act was rape.
    Disparity of judicial application.

I'm not saying that this woman, and her father, should be charged.
    But I am saying that I have lived in MA five years now and have seen a number of items come up in my local (Western MA) as well as state wide news toward citizens becoming involved in martial combat. Cases like this toward men fighting off other men, and using extremes in force and/or in doing so turning the tables on their attacker to such a degree that they wind up negating the threat but fail to cease their defense which becomes an attack...Have been charged with crimes and seen themselves drug through court and their good name ruined in the media.

An item to think about, is all I'm saying.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

You go girl!

But she's lucky he didn't have a knife or gun.
    Then she would need to even the odds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links