Why I wouldn't carry .22...

This is a discussion on Why I wouldn't carry .22... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...ing-aftermath/ COTTAGEVILLE -- The 16-year-old boy had blood all over him. The 22-year-old woman behind the wheel of the Chevrolet Impala was near death. Ruby ...

Thread: Why I wouldn't carry .22...

Why I wouldn't carry .22...

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...ing-aftermath/

COTTAGEVILLE -- The 16-year-old boy had blood all over him. The 22-year-old woman behind the wheel of the Chevrolet Impala was near death.

Ruby Hamilton saw all this from behind the screen door of her Griffith Acres Road home about 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The boy, who had been shot three times in the face, had walked from the car to the front porch to ask for help. Despite his condition, he was worried about his mother, she said, because an older brother had been shot just like he was now.

Hamilton told him to sit on the steps to help slow down the bleeding until help arrived. She checked on the driver of the car. She was still breathing but that wouldn't last.

"That was so sad," Hamilton said Monday. "My heart really goes out to the family."

Colleton County sheriff's investigators said Jessica Judge of Summerville died and that the teen was in serious condition Monday after an arranged transaction of some sort erupted into gunfire. A bag of marijuana was found near the car, but investigators said it's too early to say if it was a drug deal.

Colleton County sheriff's investigators later arrested and charged Ra'Sheen Walters, 18, of Summerville and Andre Nicholas Crawford, 18, of Cottageville with murder, attempted murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime. Both are being held without bail.

The 16-year-old had been shot at least five times. He told responding deputies that Walters was the shooter and that the suspect had ridden in the car with them to the site where they were shot, according to the incident report.

Lt. Allen Inabinett said the three left the Dorchester County area together and arrived at a site near Old Fox Cemetery and Jacksonboro Road for what appears to be some type of transaction. He said they're still trying to determine the purpose of the meeting.

Authorities said Judge was shot but able to drive to Hamilton's Griffith Acres Road home, where she nearly hit Hamilton's grandson and brother who were in the yard.

Deputies found several .22-caliber shell casings at the scene in front of Hamilton's house, most of them on the front passenger side area. Detectives also found a blood-covered cell phone on the front passenger seat. A bag of marijuana was found about 15 feet from the vehicle, according to the incident report.

Deputies responding to the scene of the shooting used a tracking dog to follow a running shoe track that led them through the woods, out to Jacksonboro Road and then another quarter-mile down Burr Hill Road before it went cold. Investigators noticed that the shoe tracks ended at tire tracks from a vehicle, a report states.

Inabinett said it's possible the victims were set up but the investigation is ongoing. It's undetermined whether either suspect is connected to a gang, he said.
    Thank tha lawd for the drug war, otherwise this transaction might of happened in a safe, controlled environment. Good thingi the government was here to protect people from plants!

2. Remove Ads

I'm actually impressed that the gun didn't jam after the first shot as tends to be the case with .22 autos
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

My ruger bull barrel goverment model never jams. In fact, most quality 22 autos I have had never jam. And while I wouldn't carry one as primary self defense, from the description one can see that even though the peeps were probably untrained, 3 facial hits is pretty good shooting , and, it's clear neither of the victims would have remained serious threats.

Links