Homeowner holds intruder at gunpoint

This is a discussion on Homeowner holds intruder at gunpoint within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/W...0/0817intruder A homeowner held a burglary suspect at gunpoint early this morning until a deputy arrived to take him into custody, police said....

Thread: Homeowner holds intruder at gunpoint

VIP Member

Homeowner holds intruder at gunpoint

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/W...0/0817intruder

A homeowner held a burglary suspect at gunpoint early this morning until a deputy arrived to take him into custody, police said.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Good for the homeowner... no shots fired...

A burglar, or just stupid.

That kid is lucky to be alive. He's got some splainin' to do to the judge, and it's gonna' cost him some bucks, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    That kid is lucky to be alive. He's got some splainin' to do to the judge, and it's gonna' cost him some bucks, too!
    Yep, and I love being jailed on No Bond! That's awesome! Very lucky to be alive, although it remains to be seen if he's smart enough to remain that way for long. Seems like he's got a serious drinking problem.

I've been pretty intoxicated in my younger years, but never to the point where I couldn't identify the correct house I was trying to get into. Yet we read about similar stories on a fairly regular basis. These days, I have no tolerance for stupid drunks.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

GM
    That guy is very lucky to still be alive. Hopefully he will realize that.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I'm glad no one is dead, but I may have handled this situation differently. I just got into this exact discussion with a supervisor at work. His attitude was that he would not immediately shoot an intruder b/c it could very well be a misguided teenager who simply needs a course correction rather than a slug to the chest. He would attempt to subdue and detain, much like what happened in this story. As for me, I'm more likely to shoot first and ask questions later. The intruder has already entered my home illegally (in this case, violently) and demonstrated ill intent. I don't think that person deserves the benefit of the doubt. I don't know their intentions, but I know they're not good. He could be there to steal my TV, crash on my couch, or rape and kill my wife and daughters. I don't know. He could be a skinny teenager with no power to hurt a flea, or he could be well-trained martial artist with a firearm. I don't know. And, again, I refuse to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who, by their actions, have already proven they don't deserve it. I would've used the advantage I had and, most likely, shot without warning.

I can believe going to the wrong door when drunk, but would you really kick down your father's front door? lol
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by VT RAIDER View Post
    Good for the homeowner... no shots fired...
    Gotta congratulate the homeowner for his self-control. Like Duece130 with door kicked in I'm likely to presume a lot! That's waaaay more than 'drunk and disorderly'.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Links