Robber shoots bank customer......

Robber shoots bank customer......

This is a discussion on Robber shoots bank customer...... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...ry-867087.html There is no indication the victim was doing anything but being in the wrong place at the wrong time....

Thread: Robber shoots bank customer......

Angry Robber shoots bank customer......

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...ry-867087.html

There is no indication the victim was doing anything but being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Heard about this on the news yesterday. Been noticing a huge spike in armed robberies lately in our area.
    The only time you can have too much ammo is in water or in fire

I suppose the shots fired into adjacent businesses were also "accidential".

"Police say that in these situations, bystanders should focus on being good witnesses and not try to be a hero or resist a robber's demands. They should take note of the robber's physical description and any vehicles used and pass the information on to investigators when they arrive."

That did the victim a lot of good. I'm really getting tired of hearing this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Block View Post
    Heard about this on the news yesterday. Been noticing a huge spike in armed robberies lately in our area.

Robberies are on the rise and it may be due to the high unemployment rate in the state of Florida ( 11.5% ). With jobs getting difficult to find these days I can presume that some folks are getting desperate and will do anything to get money, even if it means resulting to robbing. It's not right but it's something to take into consideration. Just keep your head on a swivel and protect what's yours....because these people are out there.

GM
    Not good when things like that happen
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by EPIC SCUMBAG View Post
    Robberies are on the rise and it may be due to the high unemployment rate in the state of Florida ( 11.5% ). With jobs getting difficult to find these days I can presume that some folks are getting desperate and will do anything to get money, even if it means resulting to robbing. It's not right but it's something to take into consideration. Just keep your head on a swivel and protect what's yours....because these people are out there.
    Sadly the unemployment level is only going to increase once the plug is pulled on the space coast. All those high tech jobs are going bye bye and then all the jobs in the surrounding areas that relied on the business from the NASA workers. Hopefully crime doesn't go up along with the unemployment

Response of Sheep : "I just heard pow! pow! pow! Two or three shots," he said. "And people ran. Like everybody else, I ran too."

My response would be more like , got cover, pulled gun to protect myself....

Read the other headlines on that page.... doesn't sound like it's very good place to be.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Responding to a growing number of bank robberies statewide, the Florida Bankers Association recommended its members adopt policies requiring customers to remove sunglasses, hats or sweatshirt hoods since many robbers don such attire to conceal themselves from surveillance cameras.

Uh yeah that will work, why don't they just put up this?

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Those people have SFB.

Wow that's not far from where I'm living! Another reason not to leave home without being armed pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    "Police say that in these situations, bystanders should focus on being good witnesses and not try to be a hero or resist a robber's demands. They should take note of the robber's physical description and any vehicles used and pass the information on to investigators when they arrive."

That did the victim a lot of good. I'm really getting tired of hearing this crap.
    "Crap" describes the choices the average person has against armed and violent assailants ... hence the basic recommendation, I'd say.

It would be interesting if we were truly a fully-armed society. Imagine, each and every time that a perp goes into a situation. Imagine that perp being taken down nearly most times such a crime is attempted, by one or more folks right next to him. Can't imagine getting to such a state anytime soon, with the extreme sheep-ist thinking ingrained in the minds of so many tens of millions. But in a situation like this one, it's not as though it's tough to single out the BG.

As suggested, many are noticing a rise in crimes in their areas. More of them, and often more violent. Who knows? Perhaps the mindset will quickly change once it gets horribly bad. I just fear that it'll have to get bad indeed, before real change will occur.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Don't get me started.
    Beside, forum rules won't allow it.

3D
    "The Florida Bankers Association recommended its members adopt policies requiring customers to remove sunglasses, hats or sweatshirt hoods since many robbers don such attire to conceal themselves from surveillance cameras."

Why not something like this:
    Smile.jpg
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Wouldn't it be nice if the minute an armed assailant pulls his gun and hollers stick up, everyone around him/her pulled their own weapon?
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

Links