Why we need to close the Border

This is a discussion on Why we need to close the Border within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They can't even trust cops that are supposed to be guarding them. I saw the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life,they have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we need to close the Border

They can't even trust cops that are supposed to be guarding them.
    I saw the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life,they have two concrete flood control barriers on the Rio Grande River,there is a metal handguard on each side and it takes about 10 seconds to walk across from Mexico into the US,when they asked some Government employee why the bridge isn't gated to prevent illegal entry"She stated it isn't a bridge its a water control structure"she also stated that the Dept of Homeland Security hasn't asked them to secure it,so until they do tough luck.The Border Patrol Agent said it's a bridge and anybody can get across it with drug shipments,or even Terrorists.IMHO the morons in charge of those Departments need to be fired.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100820/...rug_war_mexico
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I agree. But from what I am seeing in the press lately, there is a growing number of people fed up with this. As much as I can't stand Obama and what he seems to stand for, he has done more to unite this country then we could have imagined. Unfortunatly for him, it is uniting against him. Stay strong, keep the faith, and watch what happens.

A few years back there where two border patrol agents who were caught transporting illegals across the border in their service truck. They were charging a fee of $2000 per person.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    A few years back there where two border patrol agents who were caught transporting illegals across the border in their service truck. They were charging a fee of $2000 per person.
    This is part of the reason there will never be a CLOSED border. Short of some death-ray force field completely enclosing the US inside a giant bubble, there will always be weaknesses to exploit. Fences can be breached, people can be corrupted, alternate routes can be developed... While we certainly can do a much better job of SLOWING illegal border crossings, we will never STOP it.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    It said in the story I read that the structures were built by treaty. So, closing them may depend on what the treaty actually allows.

Treaties are the law of the land. It says so right in our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It said in the story I read that the structures were built by treaty. So, closing them may depend on what the treaty actually allows.

Treaties are the law of the land. It says so right in our Constitution.
    The treaties with the Indian reservations are also a big part of the problem in building a fence. The heads of the Indian nation (Tohono O’odham) are very particular where and how any type of fence will be built. The Tohono O’odham people seek the ability to cross borders uninhibited. The Nation argues that the U.S. must fulfill its obligations under the Gadsden Purchase (1853) and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (1948). Those treaties form a basis for uninhibited travel across the border.

People don't understand how the political dynamic makes building the fence a very difficult project. It's so easy to just blame Obama but it's much more involved than that.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I think we should annex Mexico.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    The treaties with the Indian reservations are also a big part of the problem in building a fence. The heads of the Indian nation (Tohono O’odham) are very particular where and how any type of fence will be built. The Tohono O’odham people seek the ability to cross borders uninhibited. The Nation argues that the U.S. must fulfill its obligations under the Gadsden Purchase (1853) and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (1948). Those treaties form a basis for uninhibited travel across the border.

People don't understand how the political dynamic makes building the fence a very difficult project. It's so easy to just blame Obama but it's much more involved than that.
    Maybe we should relocate the Injuns so we can protect the US border.

End prohibition while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    why not, its not like they've been terrorized enough, lol. The indians are the north american version of Palestinians.

3D
    IMO we will all eventually get the cahnce to 'engage' these illeagal drug cartel operators in one way or another if it continues unchecked as it is. They're using U.S. land for their growing operations; they're 'guarding' their 'crops'.

It may be politically difficult but so was the Revolutionary War!! When Arizona, supported by 9 other states, is sued by our own federal government for taking a tougher stand I begin to wonder who the 'enemy' really is. . . and what's their motive?

sorry . . end of rant
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Um, we tried that once (relocating the Injuns) over a hundred years ago, and it didn't work out so hot.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

It may be politically difficult but so was the Revolutionary War!! When Arizona, supported by 9 other states, is sued by our own federal government for taking a tougher stand I begin to wonder who the 'enemy' really is. . . and what's their motive?
    Arizona's law puts them like two steps away from requiring everyone to abide by a curfew and have a stalin statue in their house or face punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    Arizona's law puts them like two steps away from requiring everyone to abide by a curfew and have a stalin statue in their house or face punishment.
    Oh, really? That's news to me, and I actually live in Arizona... I don't have to guess at what SB1070 is, what it will do, and how it is to be enforced.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    Actually Arizonas law was taken right out of the Federal laws,all they are doing is enforcing federal laws that were already passed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links