Durham NC Red Lobster robbed(merged threads)

This is a discussion on Durham NC Red Lobster robbed(merged threads) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by msgt/ret ...Due to the current law he is denied the right to defend himself. The NC law prohibits carrying a firearm into ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Durham NC Red Lobster robbed(merged threads)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    ...Due to the current law he is denied the right to defend himself.
    The NC law prohibits carrying a firearm into establishments that serve alcohol. It is illegal for any government under the US Constitution to deny the right to defend oneself. Again, the law cannot deny the right of self defense. In fact, hypothetically, self defense with a firearm in a NC establishment that serves alcohol is not illegal as self defense is always justification. It is the carrying in that is illegal.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

2. Remove Ads

[Chief of Police] Lopez said he didn't see any reason for undue worry.

"I wouldn't have a problem going down this evening to Red Lobster with my family and sitting down and having a meal," he said.
    Yeah, well I wouldn't go to that dung hole.

Silver and black glocks, sounds like all the "cooperate and be a good witnesses" got it just exactly right. No wonder the police disregard most witness statements as unreliable.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

The wife and I ate at our local Red Lobster this past Sunday. Robbery can happen anytime and anyplace, but she was packing her LCP like always so at least one person in the place was armed.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    The wife and I ate at our local Red Lobster this past Sunday. Robbery can happen anytime and anyplace, but she was packing her LCP like always so at least one person in the place was armed.
    And where was your gun?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Joeface View Post
    No carry zone anywhere that serves alcohol in NC. Sitting ducks.

Yeah, one law I really can't stand. I wish NC would do like VA did with the restaurants and places that serve alcohol.

An example of why I carry 24/7. If I can't carry, then I don't go.
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    And where was your gun?
    Oooops, I know, I know!

I pledge to do better in the future, I promise!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Witness statements are well known and proven by anecdotal evidence as well as documented & tested scientific fact to largely be useless.

But that said, there are in fact silver & black Glocks and Glock like handguns floating around.

Images posted at - 'The Official GLOCK Picture Thread ' | http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=495&page=36

Very easily mistaken by most anyone to be a 'Glock'

SA 'XD-M'

Image source - http://shootingsportsblog.com/bullet...ringfield-xdm/

Taurus 'OSS 24/7' Stainless

Image source- http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.as...17&items=sales

Even an experienced firearms product person could under stress mistake any one of the above guns for bring another.
    Just two days ago here at this forum I read a person make mention of an "XDM" only to have in a subsequent post another member ask what is an 'XDM'?
    A gun that is extremely popular on the order of Glock and has been on the market what 10 yrs. now?

If we among ourselves can't tell one from another then it's not reasonable at all to expect same from a novice or even non-gun trade aware person.
    Heck many people do not understand the difference between revolver and semi-automatic or that a handgun is a pistol....And we've had a thread here where members who say they've been owning/shooting shotgun for ages did not know that shotguns have a 'hammer' (!).

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links