Durham NC Red Lobster robbed(merged threads)

This is a discussion on Durham NC Red Lobster robbed(merged threads) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Durham, N.C. — Durham police are looking for three suspects in a robbery that happened late Sunday at a Red Lobster restaurant. The robbery occurred ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Durham NC Red Lobster robbed(merged threads)

VIP Member

Durham NC Red Lobster robbed(merged threads)

Durham, N.C. — Durham police are looking for three suspects in a robbery that happened late Sunday at a Red Lobster restaurant.

The robbery occurred just after 10 p.m. at the 4416 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd. restaurant.
    http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/8173961/

Hardly any details in article but here in North Carolina we are prohibited from carrying in an establishment that serves alcohol for on-site consumption. Had the robbers decided to leave no witnesses no one has the legal ability to defend themselves. Also at the end of the article the is another report of a shooting, no details but if that were someone returning to their vehicle from the restaurant due to the current law he is denied the right to defend himself. [/rant]
    Last edited by msgt/ret; August 23rd, 2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

I'm not sure about other states but Tennessee has recently (June 2010) changed that particular law. It is still forbidden to carry in a place of business that serves alcohol for on-site consumption...EXCEPT for those places licensed as a restaurant. Thus, making it perfectly legal in Tennessee to carry ....provided you are not consuming any alcohol.... in places such as Chile's, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday's, Outback, Red Lobster etc

My family eats at the local Red Lobster on a fairly regular basis, once every couple months maybe. Here in OK I can carry there as long as I'm not in the bar area and not drinking.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

To me, concealed means concealed. I would much rather deal with the ramifications later and still have my family alive. Life is to short as it is. There is no way I am going to let some scum bag try to make it any shorter. My family comes first. I realize that we need to obey all laws regarding carrying a firearm. However I think that this is the one exception to this. I diligently avoid schools and other obvious off limit places. I for one feel that this does not fall into that category. Much better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6 IMHO.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Quote Originally Posted by b1780 View Post
    To me, concealed means concealed. I would much rather deal with the ramifications later and still have my family alive. Life is to short as it is. There is no way I am going to let some scum bag try to make it any shorter. My family comes first. I realize that we need to obey all laws regarding carrying a firearm. However I think that this is the one exception to this. I diligently avoid schools and other obvious off limit places. I for one feel that this does not fall into that category. Much better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6 IMHO.
    Or...

You could fight for your state to ammend this particular law just as was recently done in Tennessee.

VIP Member
    You could fight for your state to ammend this particular law just as was recently done in Tennessee.
    Actually this measure has been introduced several times but it gets to the Judiciary Committee and our benevolent masters allow it to die there.

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillL...09&BillID=H269
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Actually this measure has been introduced several times but it gets to the Judiciary Committee and our benevolent masters allow it to die there.

Def. not an easy task. But one that is not impossible and beneficial to many to see through.

[/url]
    Their pretty good at that. Comes with lots and lots of practice I guess.

nice...well, at least you still have forks, dull knives, and salt/pepper shakers...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

msgt/ret, I understand where you're coming from. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my classes, instead of ranting to a group of folks that obviously have the same feelings as you do in a gun forum, write a real paper and pen (or printer) letter to your reps. Pick up the phone and call. Over and over again. If they don't know your name then they don't know who they represent.

On-line polls are a waste of time since there are no validation requirements to vote in them. They carry no weight with reps.

I'm thankful I have an unlimited long distance plan. It makes being heard cheap.

Keep your fingers crossed that we can dump a certain gal in the bucket next election.

Armed robbers take over a Red Lobster

Three? I bet they probably spread out before announcing the robbery, making fighting back difficult without getting a lot of innocent people caught in the crossfire.

On another note, why didn't they also take some of those Cheddar Bay Biscuits? Man they're so good.

That law needs to be changed along with the stupid no carry in places that charge admission IE a movie theater. Grass Roots North Carolina is a good group to join if you want these laws changed.

VIP Member
    Contact your states grassroots organization and get behind them in pushing it. Here in Virginia we fought the battle for many years. Finally got it passed only to have it vetoed by our last governor 2 years in a row. Finally got it passed and signed by the current governor. It may be an up hill battle, but it can be done.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Mark Jaronski, a spokesman for Darden Restaurants, which owns the restaurant, said in an e-mail Monday that customer and employee safety is the company's highest priority and that it has increased security at the restaurant.

"As a matter of practice, we don't disclose security details, because to do so would compromise their impact," Jaronski said.

That just doesn't give me the same warm and fuzzy feeling as having my Glock on my side does!!!
    Proud NRA member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links