Bad: 14-year-old girl murders robbery victim

This is a discussion on Bad: 14-year-old girl murders robbery victim within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The news story linked below is a warning that BGs may be 'bad girls' and may be very young. Are you able and willing to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad: 14-year-old girl murders robbery victim

Bad: 14-year-old girl murders robbery victim

The news story linked below is a warning that BGs may be 'bad girls' and may be very young. Are you able and willing to defend yourself against a kid?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news...uspect_ca.html
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

2. Remove Ads

Par, For the course ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    I would hope so.

If your big enough to commit robbery your big enough to die doing it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    The sooner these knuckledraggers are removed from society, any which way possible the better off we'll be.
    Here is a bit of the article which suports this:

Police said they identified Holt as a suspect because she had told several friends and bystanders about her involvement and that her 18-year-old brother had helped her escape from the neighborhood. But she gave the gun to her brother, according to police, and he kept the .32 caliber revolver in a black bag.

Police said the brother showed the gun to people and later was seen by police officers carrying the bag. Officer stopped the brother and arrested him on a handgun violation. They said investigators later linked the gun to the shooting.

Prosecutors said in court documents that the young Holt has a pending juvenile burglary case

Hopefully this young fool will be put away for life.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The link to the actual news report is here...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,1841723.story

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The sooner these knuckledraggers are removed from society, any which way possible the better off we'll be.
    Here is a bit of the article which suports this:

Police said they identified Holt as a suspect because she had told several friends and bystanders about her involvement and that her 18-year-old brother had helped her escape from the neighborhood. But she gave the gun to her brother, according to police, and he kept the .32 caliber revolver in a black bag.

Police said the brother showed the gun to people and later was seen by police officers carrying the bag. Officer stopped the brother and arrested him on a handgun violation. They said investigators later linked the gun to the shooting.

Prosecutors said in court documents that the young Holt has a pending juvenile burglary case

Hopefully this young fool will be put away for life.
    Hopefully this young fool will get a needle.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi described the shooting as "heinous."

"It speaks to the guns that are out there and the frustrations we in law enforcement have at trying to deal with all this," he said.
    This just makes my blood boil. One of these days I'm going to suffer an aneurysm and I will no doubt be found in front of a computer viewing such tripe.

It isn't just that the comment was unnecessary (though it is that - read the article with that quote excised and you will see that the article would in no way suffer from its absence), but it actually breaks up the flow of the article. So much so, that I would wonder if perhaps it wasn't edited into a finished product if I didn't know a journalist wrote it.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Hopefully this young fool will get a needle.
    Most states won't give "the needle" to a kid age 14, however a bullet or two, or three, or four, center mass from the would be victims gun isn't an issue!

I've got no problem using lethal force to defend myself against anyone who is a lethal threat to me when ability, opportunity and jeopardy are present. No problem at all.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

When a gun is pointed at you, I think that you're going to focus on the gun, not the age of the gun holder.
    This little 14 year old female dirtbag is more of a potential shooting during a crime than a lot of older criminals.
    She shot and killed someone because he laughed at her? This little thug deserves life behind bars.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

And the "police spokesman" blames the guns.

Mom blames the system that wouldn't help her.

Let me guess.... She was a good kid who was just misunderstood and was just starting to turn her life around?
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

A thug is a thug is a thug. 14 year old or not. Let her rot in jail.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    This just makes my blood boil. One of these days I'm going to suffer an aneurysm and I will no doubt be found in front of a computer viewing such tripe.

It isn't just that the comment was unnecessary (though it is that - read the article with that quote excised and you will see that the article would in no way suffer from its absence), but it actually breaks up the flow of the article. So much so, that I would wonder if perhaps it wasn't edited into a finished product if I didn't know a journalist wrote it.

Ryan
    Agreed.

14 or 41... doesnt matter. Do the crime and you will wind up facing the consequences - Be it jail time or being shot. Just think about in war - Vietnam or more recent memory the war RIGHT NOW. 8 year olds killing US soldiers. Be prepared for ANYTHING. Age does not make a difference IMHO. A 14 year old can rob/rape/kill you just as easily as a 21 or 41 year old can.

When a gun is pointed at you, I think that you're going to focus on the gun, not the age of the gun holder.
    This little 14 year old female dirtbag is more of a potential shooting during a crime than a lot of older criminals.
    She shot and killed someone because he laughed at her? This little thug deserves life behind bars.
    Sad part is, she will probably be out at 18 or 21... BECAUSE she is 14.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

VIP Member
    Someone with a gun in their hand is a threat to me. Man, woman, old, young. It doesn't make a difference. The threat is there and I will answer it as quickly and ruthlessly as I possibly can.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links