A different take on a local incident ( PHX metro )

This is a discussion on A different take on a local incident ( PHX metro ) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I believe this is the same incident that was reported in an earlier thread however this one doesn't contain the leftwing slant. In short two ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A different take on a local incident ( PHX metro )

A different take on a local incident ( PHX metro )

I believe this is the same incident that was reported in an earlier thread however this one doesn't contain the leftwing slant.

In short two gang members come to a party and start a fight. They assault a guest / threaten with a gun. 2 gang members leave the party in body bags.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/c...-two-dead.html

2. Remove Ads

Overall, it reads pretty good to me.
    Unfortunately, the victim will have to watch his six for a while.

Actually this is a second incident, both involving the stealing of beer. It is amazing what criminals will die for.

GM
    I think that the gang members chose to go to the wrong party
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

This quote says it all:
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Hooray for the good guys and good cops in AZ!
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Only a few miles from me.

"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."
    One reason I do like AZ.
    Actions have consequences.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    Chandler police have arrested seven other men and plan to recommend that they be charged not only with robbery but with murder because the slayings occurred during the commission of another crime, Ramer said.
    Lets hope the murder charges stick since the actions of their “buds” caused their deaths.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe I'm missing something. You have a keg party, charge admission, let people in you don't know, then shut down. Not justifying the criminals' actions but that sounds like an illegal bar more than a party.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something. You have a keg party, charge admission, let people in you don't know, then shut down. Not justifying the criminals' actions but that sounds like an illegal bar more than a party.
    There is a LOT wrong with this whole deal. Selling liquor for on-site consumption without a license, and selling to minors, for starters. However - when the minors raised the ante with theft, assault and then armed assault, the ensuing situation got the big attention.

I'm waiting for the wrongful death suits to start. By sorry circumstance I am aware of the dead perps' situations, and at least one was legally emancipated which suggests fewer (or no) suits from that side.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    There is a LOT wrong with this whole deal. Selling liquor for on-site consumption without a license, and selling to minors, for starters. However - when the minors raised the ante with theft, assault and then armed assault, the ensuing situation got the big attention.

I'm waiting for the wrongful death suits to start. By sorry circumstance I am aware of the dead perps' situations, and at least one was legally emancipated which suggests fewer (or no) suits from that side.
    Thats a lot of speculation. It nowhere in the article states that there were minors involved and I doubt that they were trying to run an illegal bar. At $2 per person admission they would be losing money.

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    Thats a lot of speculation. It nowhere in the article states that there were minors involved and I doubt that they were trying to run an illegal bar. At $2 per person admission they would be losing money.
    My information was not based on what was available in the article, so my apologies if I didn't make that clear. I don't believe the names of the kids or their ages was published, but the dead kids were 17-18 years old. "Minors" in the sense that they can not legally purchase or consume alcohol in AZ. Also not legal to be carrying a concealed weapon.

The party's host elected to charge the dead kids and their entourage $2 each to join the party, since they did not show up with anyone else there by invitation. Dumb idea on several accounts, not the least of which is that it makes the party host culpable for sale of alcohol to minors.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The whole situation from start to finish was dumb in my opinion. But it's like the old saying goes, youth is wasted on the young. And the criminals down here STILL don't realize that we ALL carry guns.

**** UPDATE ****

Apparently the two dead bangers were actually good boys ( according to their moms )

http://www.azcentral.com/community/c...ings-0925.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chirpy72 View Post
    **** UPDATE ****

Apparently the two dead bangers were actually good boys ( according to their moms )

http://www.azcentral.com/community/c...ings-0925.html
    "Both teens were starting to turn their lives around, their loved ones say."

Sounds like they were doing just that when they assaulted the guy at the party...NOT...
    If I could have a $1 for every time I heard this crap about 'turning his life around', I wouldn't have any debts, and my gun/ammo collection would be 10 times its size.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links