Bad: us pizza guys are getting it rough this week

This is a discussion on Bad: us pizza guys are getting it rough this week within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.rrstar.com/news/yourtown/...et-in-Rockford RRSTAR.COM STAFF REPORTS Posted Sep 08, 2010 @ 12:29 AM Last update Sep 08, 2010 @ 12:31 AM ROCKFORD A pizza delivery man ...

Thread: Bad: us pizza guys are getting it rough this week

http://www.rrstar.com/news/yourtown/...et-in-Rockford

RRSTAR.COM STAFF REPORTS
    Posted Sep 08, 2010 @ 12:29 AM
    Last update Sep 08, 2010 @ 12:31 AM

ROCKFORD A pizza delivery man was robbed at gunpoint Tuesday night of his cash and cell phone in the 1500 block of Eighth Street.

The driver flagged down a police officer about 10 p.m. and reported two men robbed him.

Not a whole lot of details about how it happened, but at least the driver lived to tell about it.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

GM
    Not too much info. At least the driver is OK.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

"US" pizza delivery guys? I honestly thought I was the only one here.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

That doesn't happen around here, turns out wee live too far away to get pizza delivered.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    easy really,

Just throw the box of pizza at the bad dude and after he catches the pizza just add some ventilation holes in the pizza box with your .45acp.

You need the ventilation holes to help cool down the really hot pizza after the .45acp heats up the insides a bit.

If you choose to use the 9mm sized pizza slicer you may need to pierce a few more holes as they tend to not have as much slicing power. Of course there is always the higher quality more potent +p slicer which stands for extra pizza cutting power.

I recommend using hollow point pizza cutters as it will help to slice up the pie a little more than ball nosed type.

However the customer might not be as happy since his pizza might have gotten shifted around in the box and a few ventilation holes might leak pizza sauce on the way to their home.

I dont know if I feel more pity for the ventilated pizza or the po'd customer.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    "US" pizza delivery guys? I honestly thought I was the only one here.
    Nope I deliver pizza.......but I"m not a guy LOL

Tangoseal ~ You know all those "would you carry if your job said you couldn't?" threads where everyone says that you must have something morally wrong with you to blatently disregard your employer's rules after you "agreed" to follow them by working there.......Pizza drivers who work for large companies (not necessarily so of independent small time places) are almost always forbidden to carry.
    Off the record, a lot of drivers do carry, but...
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Nope I deliver pizza.......but I"m not a guy LOL

Tangoseal ~ You know all those "would you carry if your job said you couldn't?" threads where everyone says that you must have something morally wrong with you to blatently disregard your employer's rules after you "agreed" to follow them by working there.......Pizza drivers who work for large companies (not necessarily so of independent small time places) are almost always forbidden to carry.
    Off the record, a lot of drivers do carry, but...
    Well, I'll be!!! Hello there, fellow delivery person! I've delivered pizza for the past 20 years and I've always had my gun with me. I work for what is probably the largest pizza franchise in the country and they absolutely forbid firearms in car or on person. However, in the State of Louisiana, they cannot tell you what to do with your car, nor can they search your car (legally). As happened before, if they search a driver's car and find reason to terminate the driver, driver will sue. I know of one case where the company fired someone because he had a gun in his car. Last I heard, his attorney assured him he had a very good case and recommended they go to court.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I've been hearing. That sucks tremendously. Seriously. To heck with corporate policy....you're driving your own vehicle and at risk while carrying cash. Any target should be ready. I always carry out our pizzas. We live out in nowhere so we don't get delivery. I'm kind of partial to Tony's frozen pizzas. What else can I say?

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    If you're driving your own vehicle, there's nothing illegal about being armed, providing you're following local laws. I'd rather violate corporate policy and be alive. You can always find another pizza delivery job.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Delivery is rough
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Links