Dog attack thwarted by gun owners.

This is a discussion on Dog attack thwarted by gun owners. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not properly CCW related since this was Fairfield, CA after all, but good outcome nonetheless: Two Fairfield Women Attacked by Dogs Two women injured, one ...

Thread: Dog attack thwarted by gun owners.

Dog attack thwarted by gun owners.

Not properly CCW related since this was Fairfield, CA after all, but good outcome nonetheless:

Two Fairfield Women Attacked by Dogs

Two women injured, one seriously, but they'll both survive.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

2. Remove Ads

I'm not surprised at the type of breed. We had a local pit-bull attack this weekend in Florida near St. Pete. The owners should have the book thrown at them. Why did they let the dogs run free? Why did they have killer dogs to begin with? Irresponsible jerks.

Most people don't realize how fast these attacks can happen and they seem to come from nowhere. It's good to hear how several neighbors had guns to shoot the dogs and save the women.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

No charges against the shooters?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I'm betting I can post about 10 cases of dogs saving people, for every thread on here of someone being attacked. Or, should we just shoot them all ? I think these threads are bordering on absurdity. There are more 'people' attacked every year by wild animals in Natl Parks because people got stupid, than any dog attacks that occur.

I think many are also not helped at least, by the behavior of people who don't react in a good manner or know how to. Screaming, will get any dog's attention real quick, for example. But, I agree..... the dogs should have never been running free in the first place and the owner should have been a lot more responsible. By the sounds of it, the dog may have not been socialized in a positive way or was being encouraged for it's aggressive behavior, and those owners give everyone and the dogs a bad name. That's the one's to watch out for..... shame the dog suffers for the owner's stupidty.

Mastiff's are not a violent nor an aggressive breed, but any breed of dog can be encouraged to be aggressive.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Bad owners make for bad dogs. Glad no one was seriously hurt.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I'm betting I can post about 10 cases of dogs saving people, for every thread on here of someone being attacked. Or, should we just shoot them all ? I think these threads are bordering on absurdity. There are more 'people' attacked every year by wild animals in Natl Parks because people got stupid, than any dog attacks that occur.

I think many are also not helped at least, by the behavior of people who don't react in a good manner or know how to. Screaming, will get any dog's attention real quick, for example. But, I agree..... the dogs should have never been running free in the first place and the owner should have been a lot more responsible. By the sounds of it, the dog may have not been socialized in a positive way or was being encouraged for it's aggressive behavior, and those owners give everyone and the dogs a bad name. That's the one's to watch out for..... shame the dog suffers for the owner's stupidty.

Mastiff's are not a violent nor an aggressive breed, but any breed of dog can be encouraged to be aggressive.
    Thank you. same this I was saying in another thread. I hate to see good dogs ruined by stupid owners.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I'm not surprised at the type of breed. (left out)Why did they let the dogs run free? Why did they have killer dogs to begin with? Irresponsible jerks.
    I have a Doberman Pinscher, am I an irresponsible jerk? My neighbor has 2 pit bulls that roll over and pee them selves when you walk up to them. Are they irresponsible jerks? Its all in the upbringing.

You see my good man, all children are born good and nice, but the ones that get beaten and abused behind closed doors by their parents, are the typical sociopath killers of our society.
    To say all pits are bad is a lack of understanding of the proper care and upbringing of the breed. I believe you would be supported by many well knowledgable dog owners if you were to rephrase your statement to: Why did they have a breed of dog, if raised with irresponsibility and abuse are killers, they did not understand how to raise. They should have the book thrown at them and the dogs should be put down humanely.

I would support a law that you must take lessons from licensed animal trainers and behaviorist before you are allowed to own a pit bull in urban communities. But do not eliminate a breed because of folklore fear and idiot dog owners, judged by non dog understand non owners.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Thank you. same this I was saying in another thread. I hate to see good dogs ruined by stupid owners.
    And I support you for that statement and second you.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Links