No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m" - Page 2

No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m"

This is a discussion on No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by TOF It makes one wonder just how many LEO's carry a bag of dope so their bad busts and breakins can be ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m"

Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    It makes one wonder just how many LEO's carry a bag of dope so their bad busts and breakins can be validated.
    +1
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

92 years old... That's a lot of money for someone who was likely to die of natural causes soon anyway. I wonder what she did that made her seem a threat.

It makes one wonder just how many LEO's carry a bag of dope so their bad busts and breakins can be validated.
    +2

Ex Member
    Hey I understand how it could happen. I mean whenever I see a 92 year old woman the first thing I think of is "crack selling gang banger."

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    92 years old... That's a lot of money for someone who was likely to die of natural causes soon anyway. I wonder what she did that made her seem a threat.
    - They could have multiplied that amount by 100 for all the good the money is going to do her... considering she's dead.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Atlanta is hiring cops by the droves.

So they have money to pay more than 4.0 million.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

No knock warrants are the result of judges who have no regard for the safety and rights of the citizens, and the war on drugs is the biggest rope a dope tax fleece in American history.

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    Just curious, what value do you place on the last two weeks of your life. Will it be less if you get to be 92 vs what you think it's worth now?
    technomonster likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Just curious, what value do you place on the last two weeks of your life. Will it be less if you get to be 92 vs what you think it's worth now?
    well stated...

the money was awarded to her family and everyone involved i am certain realizes it isnt going to benefit the victim...as far as what made them think she was a threat i would guess that if you actually read the article the gun fire coming through the door was enough for that...the officers serving the warrant arent necessarily the ones who falsified information regarding the warrant or the coverup afterward....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    well stated...

the money was awarded to her family and everyone involved i am certain realizes it isnt going to benefit the victim...as far as what made them think she was a threat i would guess that if you actually read the article the gun fire coming through the door was enough for that...the officers serving the warrant arent necessarily the ones who falsified information regarding the warrant or the coverup afterward....
    Heck, why read the article when you can just sling uninformed BS without ever gaining any understanding of the facts?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Exactly why I will never willingly allow any LEO to enter my house or vehicle.
    The trust is gone.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I will shoot in self-defense whoever kicks the door down! If it's a cop who mistaken my address for the intended address, that's too bad. You do not know nowadays if it's a cop that mistakes you for the wrong address or some home invaders pretending to be cops. Unless I have a summons or am a fugitive, there is no reason for a cop to do a "no knock warrant on my door". And even if it is a uniform or plainclothes cop knocking on my door for any reason, I will check for ID and confirm with the dept. that sent him/her to my home. If they don't allow that, I am not letting him/her in and would treat him/her in the same manner as a suspicious person. I am just sick and fed up of cops thinking they can just kick down doors and enter someone's home w/o any justification whatsoever and if they are in the wrong, they get what they deserve! Unfortunately, this is where the slogan "$#%^ the police" sometimes apply. I am sorry for being blunt but this is a very disturbing trend. That victim of a botched drug raid could just be me or you w/o any regard to race, social status, marital status, etc.

This is not good for either side (Yes there are Sides for this type of attack) & a terrible future Stereotype towards LEOs. Before anyone says this isn't common one innocent NO Knock Warrant Murder is One to Many IMO & if it was my family it would never under any circumstances be forgiven.
    +1

I will shoot in self-defense whoever kicks the door down!
    +1

I could see this goin down in Atlanta, my wife has some family there & from what i hear (uncle is leo) is not that a good place to be
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    “ … the raid was based on falsified paperwork stating that illegal drugs were present in the home. … and Smith admitted to planting bags of marijuana in Johnston's home after her death.”; that was not good at all. I wonder how in the earth they could do something like that!
    CYA?

I would take the money & move as far from FULTON county As posible JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links