No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m" - Page 3

No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m"

This is a discussion on No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 6 officers fired a total of 39 shots hitting her 5 times?? This lady really knew how to get off the X....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No-knock warrant"Family of woman killed in botched drug raid to receive $4.9m"

  1. #31
    New Member Array 2Acitizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    5
    6 officers fired a total of 39 shots hitting her 5 times??

    This lady really knew how to get off the X.


  2. #32
    Member Array opalelement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Acitizen View Post
    6 officers fired a total of 39 shots hitting her 5 times??

    This lady really knew how to get off the X.
    I missed that part, amazing

  3. #33
    Member Array justjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    92 years old... That's a lot of money for someone who was likely to die of natural causes soon anyway. I wonder what she did that made her seem a threat.
    Just exactly how much should this ladies life been worth? I mean come on, What if it had been your mother or grandmother? Anyone who would put forth the notion that an inocent human life is
    somehow less valuable if that person happens to be old is (excuse me) an idiot. Now if the circumstances had been different and this lady had been killed by lets say a stray bullet fired by police defending themselves from a drug dealer who was trying to kill them then, Maybe, and I say emphasize maybe, the award migh have been excesive. But no human life should have a dollar amount placed on it based on that persons age, that is just plain stupid.

  4. #34
    Member Array ZombieShoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    92 years old... That's a lot of money for someone who was likely to die of natural causes soon anyway. I wonder what she did that made her seem a threat.
    The point of the money is not for her to spend it as obviously she is dead and it goes into her estate and then on to her family members.

    The point is to teach the city a lesson so that they modify their policies and do a better job of policing themselves.

    As for no knocks....

    In my opinion they should be illegal except when a hostage is inside, people inside are in threat of immediate violence or something to deal with terrorism is going on.

    Most of these guys they are going after with no knocks can just as easily be taken down when they leave their house to go somewhere and then a search warrant can be done on the location.

  5. #35
    Member Array mcgyver210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieShoot View Post
    The point of the money is not for her to spend it as obviously she is dead and it goes into her estate and then on to her family members.

    The point is to teach the city a lesson so that they modify their policies and do a better job of policing themselves.

    As for no knocks....

    In my opinion they should be illegal except when a hostage is inside, people inside are in threat of immediate violence or something to deal with terrorism is going on.

    Most of these guys they are going after with no knocks can just as easily be taken down when they leave their house to go somewhere and then a search warrant can be done on the location.
    The real way to teach all involved is to charge all involved with Murder & after conviction sentence all to the harshest punishment available by law for the crime. After a few convictions they wont be so quick to try No Knock Warrants. Also everyone should be armed & have surveillance so that if anyone no matter who tries to enter will get what is deserved for entering with force. One innocent death old or young from a No Knock Warrant isn't acceptable at all IMO & there is no excuse either that makes it less than murder.

    NO-KNOCK-WARRANTS should be illegal

  6. #36
    Member Array ZombieShoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    146
    You can't make them totally illegal because there are legitimate situations where you'd need to do one.

    However they should be reserved for only those things. Hostage situations, person facing immediate threat, or terrorism issues.

    Drug dealers? Nope. Don't need it for that. Dealer is going to leave the house eventually.

  7. #37
    Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    1,863
    We had cops carry out a no-knock up here, the home-owner thought they were the victims of a home invasion and he shot and killed on of the police officers, his daughter was busy calling 911. The judge threw out the murder charge and declared it a case of self-defence.

  8. #38
    Member Array mcgyver210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    We had cops carry out a no-knock up here, the home-owner thought they were the victims of a home invasion and he shot and killed on of the police officers, his daughter was busy calling 911. The judge threw out the murder charge and declared it a case of self-defence.
    This is a good decision since anyone should be held innocent when attacked in their home. This just proves No Knock Warrants don't always end up with the innocent victims being killed as a few here say will happen if you defend your self against what is really a Home Invasion as far as the Home Owner is concerned.

  9. #39
    Member Array Deuce130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Destin
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    We had cops carry out a no-knock up here, the home-owner thought they were the victims of a home invasion and he shot and killed on of the police officers, his daughter was busy calling 911. The judge threw out the murder charge and declared it a case of self-defence.
    Could you provide more details? Like a link to a story or something? Not doubting you, this is just highly unusual and I'd like to know more.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kodak TN
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    Could you provide more details? Like a link to a story or something? Not doubting you, this is just highly unusual and I'd like to know more.
    Me too. A link would be great. I would really like to read about this one.

    I agree that no knock warrants should be limited to the MOST EXTREME situations if not eliminated all together. Do the police even need a warrant in a hostage situation.

    Terrorism? I can see that being a case where no knock would be allowed.

  11. #41
    Member Array socal2310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieShoot View Post
    You can't make them totally illegal because there are legitimate situations where you'd need to do one.

    However they should be reserved for only those things. Hostage situations, person facing immediate threat, or terrorism issues.

    Drug dealers? Nope. Don't need it for that. Dealer is going to leave the house eventually.
    A case isn't going to be thrown out for lack of a warrant if there are exigent circumstances. They (no knock warrants) are almost exclusively used to prevent destruction of drug evidence where circumstances don't justify rushing in without a warrant.

    Ryan
    Last edited by socal2310; September 19th, 2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: clarification
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

  12. #42
    Member Array mcgyver210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Me too. A link would be great. I would really like to read about this one.

    I agree that no knock warrants should be limited to the MOST EXTREME situations if not eliminated all together. Do the police even need a warrant in a hostage situation.

    Terrorism? I can see that being a case where no knock would be allowed.
    That is another problem now days Since Sep, 11th the government uses the threat of Terrorism to trample all over its citizens along with their rights. The way things are going the terrorist are winning since one thing they want is for us to not have freedom.

    So with every little misstep we let Government & its agents we are also letting Terrorist WIN.

  13. #43
    Senior Member Array Herknav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waypoint 0
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieShoot View Post
    The point is to teach the city a lesson so that they modify their policies and do a better job of policing themselves.
    How does this teach the city anything? All they have to do is raise taxes. It's not their money. It's the money of the hardworking citizens.

    If it was my grandmother, I'd say, "I'm willing to take zero dollars, as long as everybody involved gets either the death penalty or life in a Turkish prison." That may seem harsh, but there's a BIG difference between a crime and a mistake.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

  14. #44
    Member Array mcgyver210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    How does this teach the city anything? All they have to do is raise taxes. It's not their money. It's the money of the hardworking citizens.

    If it was my grandmother, I'd say, "I'm willing to take zero dollars, as long as everybody involved gets either the death penalty or life in a Turkish prison." That may seem harsh, but there's a BIG difference between a crime and a mistake.
    I 100% agree as long as all who was involved including the bosses. Mistakes will quit happening when all involved pay personally. I also may seem harsh but I if anyone should be hurt or worse in a No Knock Warrant so called mistake it shouldn't be the victims. I know I am now thinking of ways to reinforce the time it would take an attacker (Leo or Bad doesn't matter to me since in this situation they both intend on hurting me or my family) to enter my house which could be the time I need to defend my self or get to a safe room.

    I remember the days when we only had to worry about bad guys trying to harm us in our homes. Now we have to worry about a unwarranted attack with a No-Knock-Warrant. It is happening more & more everyday & it is a fact that innocent victims are being hurt when mistakes are made.

  15. #45
    Senior Member Array ep1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kodak TN
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    That is another problem now days Since Sep, 11th the government uses the threat of Terrorism to trample all over its citizens along with their rights. The way things are going the terrorist are winning since one thing they want is for us to not have freedom.

    So with every little misstep we let Government & its agents we are also letting Terrorist WIN.
    Good point. With this in mind I would be in favor of eliminating the no knock warrant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Family of Michigan child killed in raid sues police
    By WhoWeBePart1 in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 19th, 2010, 11:09 PM
  2. FBI Agent Was Killed During Drug Raid (PA)
    By Janq in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
  3. Update to Botched Raid in Atlanta Re: 92yr. Old Woman Shot
    By archer51 in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 31st, 2008, 10:39 AM

Search tags for this page

bad no knock warrants
,
botched no knock warrant
,
mossberg homeland defender
,
no knock warrant child killed
,

no knock warrant gone wrong

,
no knock warrant gone wrong texas
,
no knock warrants and botched warrants
,
no knock warrants botched
,
no knock warrants botched gone wrong
,
no knock warrants good or bad?
,
no-knock warrant gone wrong
,
study of no knock raid gone bad
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors