Dr. William Petit Takes the Stand, Tells of His Family's Slaughter

This is a discussion on Dr. William Petit Takes the Stand, Tells of His Family's Slaughter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Preface: This is related to the victims of that horrible home invasion and murder that had occurred in Cheshire, CT. ~~~ As reported by ABCNews.com: ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. William Petit Takes the Stand, Tells of His Family's Slaughter

Preface:

This is related to the victims of that horrible home invasion and murder that had occurred in Cheshire, CT.

~~~

As reported by ABCNews.com:

By ANDREA CANNING, DAVID MUIR, SARAH NETTER and LEE KAMLET
    Sept. 14, 2010

Pleasant Day Ends With Rapes, Beating, Two Men Setting Conn. Home Ablaze

In dramatic testimony, a prominent Connecticut doctor described how he was beaten in his sleep and woke up face-to-face with two men who sexually assaulted, tortured and killed his wife and two daughters in a brutal home invasion.

Dr. William Petit, who took the stand Tuesday at the trial of one of the men accused of murdering his family, was the sole survivor of the 2007 attack. He told the court for the first time how Steven Hayes, along with co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky, allegedly broke into his Cheshire home, raped his wife and one of his daughters and set the house on fire.

After describing a pleasant day leading up to the murder, Petit then told of a night of horror, beginning with the severe beating he suffered as he slept.

He said that around 3 a.m., "I remember I awoke in a daze thinking or feeling ow, ow, ow. ... Something warm was running down the front of my face. ... I saw two people standing in front of the sofa. ... (a) person who was walking said if he moves put two bullets in him."

Petit said the men bound his wrists and ankles with rope and plastic ties, and covered his face, then took him down to the basement, where they tied him to a pole. He said he went in and out of consciousness.

Upstairs in the house were Petit's wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit and the couple's two daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11.

"I heard moaning and thumps. I may have yelled out, 'Hey!' Someone said. 'You are alright, don't worry it's going to be all over in a couple minutes.' It was a different tone, it was much more sinister."

"I felt a major jolt of adrenaline and thought it's now or never. In my mind, at that moment, I thought they were going to shoot all of us," he said...

The full article can be found at; http://abcnews.go.com/US/dr-william-...ry?id=11633236

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Your post was enough... I have no interest in reading the full article. That made me sick.

I realize that these horrible things happen, I'm not trying to bury my head in the sand. That's why I do what I can to keep my family safe. But that one really left my jaw open.

Senior Moderator
    Death is to good for them
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I read the whole article... I agree Snowman, absolutely sickening. I can feel myself getting angry just reading it. There's no jail horrible enough for men like this.

Stories like this are why people like us carry everywhere, even in our homes. I keep my M&P loaded and at my bedside. I've grabbed it in the middle of the night before and it turned out to be nothing, but it stays there nonetheless.

God rest the souls of the wife and daughters, and Godspeed to Dr. Petit.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Agreed guys.

This was for me one of the most horrible home invasion storys I'd ever heard of.
    Top three.

The day the news item broke and the days/months year following it was then all over the national and international news.
    If you run a search there was a huge thread here discussing it at that time.

The worst case of the worst of home invasion and family kidnapping scenarios.
    Seriously like straight out of a horror movie.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

at least he was not left in the same room to witness the rest of the horror
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Absolutely disturbing on far too many levels!
    This is one of those cases where had I been the doc the trial wouldn't end well. One way or another if you put me in the same court room with that filth, I'm going to kill it! No matter who or how many uniforms you put between me and it.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Another example...granted an extreme example... of why I'm pessimistic about human nature.
    Given the right (wrong) situation, history shows that people will do some of the most inhuman/monstrous things. And the perps don't have to be mental cases (psychopaths, etc.).
    If law and order break down... you quickly get your opportunists, looters, rioters...and sometimes even genocides... the Bosnias, Rwandas, etc.
    Common sense requires we take the appropriate steps to defend ourselves & loved ones.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

A very, very S L O W and painful death...:yup...that's what they need. Bind 'em and toss 'em to the gators.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Another example...granted an extreme example... of why I'm pessimistic about human nature.
    Given the right (wrong) situation, history shows that people will do some of the most inhuman/monstrous things. And the perps don't have to be mental cases (psychopaths, etc.).
    If law and order break down... you quickly get your opportunists, looters, rioters...and sometimes even genocides... the Bosnias, Rwandas, etc.
    Common sense requires we take the appropriate steps to defend ourselves & loved ones.
    +1!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    A very, very S L O W and painful death...:yup...that's what they need. Bind 'em and toss 'em to the gators.
    I've always favored feet-first into a wood chipper, but gators would work.

VIP Member
    I would prefer something more befitting the suffering their victims endured, cover them with honey and place them on a fire ant hill. Don’t want to give the gators an upset stomach.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Ret,

That is too humane. They are not even good enough to feed reptiles. They need to be placed in the old medieval crow cage over a slow smoking fire for a few days until their hide turns to beef jerky. Slow and painful smoked murderers on the plate at the end of a few days.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I would prefer something more befitting the suffering their victims endured, cover them with honey and place them on a fire ant hill. Don’t want to give the gators an upset stomach.
    That might even be too quick, they might die from shock. They need something even more sinister and slow. A couple drill bits to the digits maybe? Go from there....

or maybe give them enough LSD so they feel no pain and then slowly start removing patches of skin. Not enough to bleed to death but then salt the patches and let the air hit them then let the LSD wear off.

Okay I watch too many horror movies haha.. Im done before I get too far out of whack with this thread.

Maybe we can hi-jack this thread and make it the the most worstest torture discussion on earth haha. After all this is posted in "The Back Porch" forums, anything goes.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Give 'em the guillotine and be done with it. There is nothing that can be done to them, that will undo what they have done.

It reminds me of the Hi-Fi murders in Ogden, Utah; in 1978. Those torturers lived on death row over 20 years, before they were executed.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links