Bad- Couple assaulted while sitting on front porch

This is a discussion on Bad- Couple assaulted while sitting on front porch within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Minding your own business on your front porch and you get attacked. Any time, any place. http://www.wxii12.com/news/25002530/detail.html...

Thread: Bad- Couple assaulted while sitting on front porch

Minding your own business on your front porch and you get attacked. Any time, any place.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/25002530/detail.html
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

At least their neighbors were there to call help, mine all seem to be gone all day working, and the ones who don't work are crackhead types who don't call cops.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Unusual that there was no mention of the ages of the victims or the susps.
    The neighbors did attempt to chase the susps when they fled.
    Having good neighbors is a definite plus.

On the front porch, presumably with a decent view of inbound threats. If armed, there's no reason the attackers should have been able to get close enough to harm them. If only (armed). I wonder if they'll get the idea, now. It need not affect the enjoyment of the day at all. But it can help make the difference between a day enjoyed and a hospital visit (or worse).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Its definitely a plus to be kind to your neighbors. You never know when you might need them. Me personally, I sit on the porch and am always armed. If I choose to read something, my head is up every few seconds to see comings and goings.
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

Let's see now, why is it that when sitting out in front of my house I'm armed?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Any time, any place.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Sad. I carry taking the garbage can to the curb these days.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
    Its definitely a plus to be kind to your neighbors. You never know when you might need them. Me personally, I sit on the porch and am always armed. If I choose to read something, my head is up every few seconds to see comings and goings.
    Ha ha so Im not so easily paranoid, not that you are doing anything bad, but I would get a sore neck looking up that much. Thats why I have my doberman who sits next to me and will alarm me if there is potential invasion. Of course I am armed as well with both her and the .45.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Not so much as paranoid, but all it takes is an interesting article or story, your SA is now down and someone who wishes you no good has the jump on you.
    My family: Glock 19, SW Sigma 40VE, Ruger SP101(.357), GSG-5k pistol (MP5 clone)(.22LR), Makarov .380

3D

Question NC Castle doctrine apply to my porch??

So chiefj,. . if wifey and me are 'that' couple here in quiet ol' Summerfield, NC (30 mins. from where event occurred) . . and I am armed . . and in order to prevent imminent and otherwise unavoidable grave bodily injury, maybe death, to my wife or myself I shoot to stop the threat . . does NC Castle doctrine protect me since there is no "forced entry"?
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Really anytime any place. I never go outside with a pistol because something like this could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    Really anytime any place. I never go outside with a pistol because something like this could happen.
    You mean without???
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    So chiefj,. . if wifey and me are 'that' couple here in quiet ol' Summerfield, NC (30 mins. from where event occurred) . . and I am armed . . and in order to prevent imminent and otherwise unavoidable grave bodily injury, maybe death, to my wife or myself I shoot to stop the threat . . does NC Castle doctrine protect me since there is no "forced entry"?
    IANAL, but I would not see the CD coming into play. But you can defend yourself with deadly force against an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm anyway. It would just be your standard self defense shooting. Me and wifey are on the porch, and they come at me with a weapon, it's game on for me. Two against one, may be game on regardless. There's very little protection in the NC CD anyway. It mainly allows you to shoot to prevent entry. It does not allow you to automatically shoot if they are inside. I hope we get the chance to strengthen it in the near future.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Sad. I carry taking the garbage can to the curb these days.
    I've heard that one mans trash is another mans treasure,but armed security,you must have some treasure in there
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links