Bad : Armed Robbery at Kroger

This is a discussion on Bad : Armed Robbery at Kroger within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If I remember correctly there was a thread about how Kroger corporate policy restricted concealed carry in some of their stores. This just gives evidence ...

Thread: Bad : Armed Robbery at Kroger

Thumbs down Bad : Armed Robbery at Kroger

If I remember correctly there was a thread about how Kroger corporate policy restricted concealed carry in some of their stores.

This just gives evidence to warrant actually being able to do just that. While the robbery wasn't any inside the store, it certainly does draw attention to the need to defend ourselves from thugs.

Police investigate armed robbery at 7th Ave. Kroger
    September 15, 2010 @ 12:00 AM

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON, WV -- The Huntington Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that occurred at the Kroger in the first block of 7th Avenue West Tuesday afternoon.

Cabell County 911 dispatchers said a woman who went to cash her check at the store was confronted by a man who pulled out a gun and demanded money.

Dispatchers said the incident occurred between 2:30 and 3 p.m., but the incident wasn't reported until 3:30 p.m. Early reports indicated the victim called her mother before alerting authorities of the incident. Dispatchers said the victim had already gone home when she reported the incident and returned to Kroger to meet with HPD officers.
    http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/...7th-Ave-Kroger
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Should have reported as soon as possible! Happy she's ok!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Should have reported as soon as possible! Happy she's ok!
    Wouldn't have helped much but yeah I would have reported it first thing!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Pretty stupid calling mom, going home, then calling PD and going back to scene to meet them. The suspect is long gone by then.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Her behavior was odd and should be investigated as her possibly being involved i.e inside job.

But I will say that some people dont know what to do after being held up. My wife was a victim of an armed robbery about a year before we met. She was forced at gunpoint to open the safe, then handcuffed and had her vehicle stolen. That was about 13 years ago. She still has nightmares about sometimes and cant watch any movies with similar scenes in them (masked robbers etc).

Hope this girl was not involved....but going home? Sounds fishy to me. Like maybe she took money for her bf and then had to come up with a cover story. People arent too bright these days.

People do odd things after being put in that situation. when I was held at gunpoint at a Subway my first instinct was to eat a sandwich afterward.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    People do odd things after being put in that situation. when I was held at gunpoint at a Subway my first instinct was to eat a sandwich afterward.
    You should have thrown your sandwich at the robber and then drew down and blew a hole bigger than the sub in his dome. Maybe other robbers would note that eating subway with a criminal goal is a bad goal.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

The girl didn't know what to do. She probably thought (correctly) that they would get away with it. She probably didn't think anyone would help her (probably correct there as well). So she went home and told her mother. Mother probably told her to call the police anyway, so she did. Seems perfectly normal.

Her behavior was odd and should be investigated as her possibly being involved i.e inside job.
    I'm not seeing how somebody that got robbed after cashing their check could have been involved,It makes absolutely no sense.
    There are people that after being traumatized will go into flight mode and just want to get away from the threat.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm not seeing how somebody that got robbed after cashing their check could have been involved,It makes absolutely no sense.
    There are people that after being traumatized will go into flight mode and just want to get away from the threat.
    My mistake completely. Lesson learned....read slower! :) I missed the part about her just being a citizen cashing her check. I read as it was a cashier who was robbed. Oops.

The way the local rag butchers English and writing sometimes after reading an article I'm more confused than before I read it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The way the local rag butchers English and writing sometimes after reading an article I'm more confused than before I read it
    Yes, Duk, that is why our paper is affectionately known as the Herald-DISGRACE!

The victim's actions were not really well thought out, however, the original thread from a while back about Kroger not wishing it's customers to have the right to carry with permit shows with this robbery that we need the right. If they do not then our business can be taken elsewhere for reasons of safety.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links