Dash Cams...

This is a discussion on Dash Cams... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is NOT a cop bashin' thread but, I really don't understand what these cops are thinkin' when they KNOW their actions are being recorded. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash Cams...

Dash Cams...

This is NOT a cop bashin' thread but, I really don't understand what these cops are thinkin' when they KNOW their actions are being recorded. According to Fox News, the sergeant told them to call off the chase for a man who tried to elude them after an attempted traffic stop.

It's pretty rough...

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-201...,6707917.story
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

2. Remove Ads

wow, the guy was all ready on the ground? why the heck would you just run up and start bashing the guy. I'm not condoning what the BG did, but once he's subdued.........gezz, just hand cuff him and call it a night
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

There we go.. lets bash that bad cop. Bad cop.. Bad cop..
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

A few officers take pursuits as a personal affront, most do not.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    There we go.. lets bash that bad cop. Bad cop.. Bad cop..
    no dough nut
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Why is this a civil rights violation,oh yeah the cops were white and the criminal was black,had the criminal been white it would just be unlawful use and or excessive use of force
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Dash cam gets moved as officer opens the door to the car where I asume the dude is being kept and then you hear loud screams?
    One of my worst fears for sure. Cuffed and in a car I cannot get out of with people intent on hurting me.
    Ya they might want to work real hard on that quelling of public out cry. lol.

GM
    That was not good at all
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Ahh Dallas Police......now wonder. Have much respect for LEO's, but Dallas Police have lost pretty much ALL my respect. Pretty much lost all respect for Dallas.

Yeesh, they sure took that chase personally
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Administrator
    Don't jump to conclusions just yet... we still don't know what the suspect was doing off camera. Was he kicking? Was he face down or on his back? Did he have a knife or other weapon? Was he shouting direct threats? Was he refusing to cooperate?

Before anybody tries to jump on me for defending the evil boogymen LEO, I'm not defending anybody. I was not there and have no idea what happened. I only have the very narrow window to look through like everyone else in the peanut gallery.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Don't jump to conclusions just yet... we still don't know what the suspect was doing off camera. Was he kicking? Was he face down or on his back? Did he have a knife or other weapon? Was he shouting direct threats? Was he refusing to cooperate?

Before anybody tries to jump on me for defending the evil boogymen LEO, I'm not defending anybody. I was not there and have no idea what happened. I only have the very narrow window to look through like everyone else in the peanut gallery.

I won't jump on you...good points. From my expeirence with Dallas PD this is typical. Just not long ago several DPD officers were fired and arrested for selling drugs while on duty. City councel members removed for corruption with the DPD, the Chief geeting caught in a scandel and resigning. The laying off of 200+ teachers 98% of whom were about to retire under the guise of budget strain..then 6 months later highering new younger teachers. Don't get me started about Dallas's Oak Cliff area. Dallas belongs in Illinois...not Texas.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ... Before anybody tries to jump on me for defending the evil boogymen LEO, I'm not defending anybody. I was not there and have no idea what happened. I only have the very narrow window to look through like everyone else in the peanut gallery.
    LOL. I decided a long time ago not to burden myself with trying to judge a situation in which I had no responsibility, nor full knowledge of what transpired. Why give one's self jury duty with every article that you read?

That said, if I'm running from someone, it means that I pretty much expect a beat-down if they catch me. Right or wrong .

... old school and politically incorrect (maybe that's my new tagline?)

Cops receive hundreds of hours of training on how to beat the stuffing out of people who have not (yet) been found guilty.
    Running from the police is already resisting arrest and is a crime in progress....
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links