GOOD: In NYC no less! Brooklyn man shoots intruders.

This is a discussion on GOOD: In NYC no less! Brooklyn man shoots intruders. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...dbe_robbe.html A Brooklyn homeowner awakened in the dead of night by the sound of prowlers grabbed his gun, walked downstairs and blasted one of the ...

Thread: GOOD: In NYC no less! Brooklyn man shoots intruders.

Distinguished Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...dbe_robbe.html

A Brooklyn homeowner awakened in the dead of night by the sound of prowlers grabbed his gun, walked downstairs and blasted one of the intruders, police said.

Since the gun was legal, Goldstein won't be charged with a crime, the sources said. Under state law, a homeowner may use deadly force to thwart a burglary.

Manigat's mother, Celine Antoine, denied he was a burglar. "My son knows better than that," the former auxiliary cop said.

I guess he was breaking in to read nursery rhymes to the children.

He knew better & yet had priors for burglary......
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Antoine said her son was 4 when she came to the U.S. from Haiti and had a rough life that included stints on Rikers Island, being stabbed five times in 2004 and thoughts of suicide.

"He said, 'I want to end this life,'" she said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz0zi9cxi56
    He almost got his wish... maybe next time.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If her son knew better, then what was he doing? making them breakfast? It's parents like that who don't make matters any better. They're just as responsible as their dead beat kids.

Not necessarily. It's easy to blame the parent. A generation or two ago, it was always the mother's fault. Now, often on places like DC, it's always the parents' faults. "They didn't beat him hard enough."

There are many forces that work on kids, and many forces that work on parents' ability to be at a child's side when he needs them, for guidance, and for discipline. A child's peers have an inordinate amount of influence on what a child believes, or how he/she acts. And all children have different strengths, including the strength to reject their parents' teachings.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Manigat - who has eight prior arrests, including some for burglary - was under arrest at Brookdale University Hospital.
    The fact that this scumbag wasn't in prison is a major part of the problems in this country.

Manigat's mother, Celine Antoine, denied he was a burglar. "My son knows better than that," the former auxiliary cop said.

Antoine said her son was preparing a résumé for a job interview when a heavyset friend with a goatee showed up. She said she fell asleep and does not know what happened after that.
    Ah, the unshakable love of a mother for her scumbag. Johnny was/is a good boy is all you hear from the relatives and friends of the scum.

deleted (I was incorrect about NY law - a homeowner can use deadly force to stop a burglary - when the homeowner is inside his home there is no duty to retreat)

GM
    WOW ... I am very surprised
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

But I'm sure the police will investigate the homeowner to make sure he used a "registered" firearm....yeah...what a great city....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Yeah, he's a nice kid who knows better...
    Manigat - who has eight prior arrests, including some for burglary - was under arrest at Brookdale University Hospital.

Manigat = Maggot
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    But I'm sure the police will investigate the homeowner to make sure he used a "registered" firearm....yeah...what a great city....
    The article already said he used a legal firearm. There isn't much investigating to do, the pistols make/model/serial are listed on the back of the permits.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Eight prior arrests huh? He'll be the next mayor.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I guess he met his employer at his house for the "JOB" interview,the JOB must of been breaking into houses
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    The article already said he used a legal firearm. There isn't much investigating to do, the pistols make/model/serial are listed on the back of the permits.
    He's lucky his wife, who doesn't have a license, didn't shoot him....how ridiculous is that, huh? I am of course assuming she doesn't. I really don't know...I'm hoping all the court cases around the country start to wake people up....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Not necessarily. It's easy to blame the parent. A generation or two ago, it was always the mother's fault. Now, often on places like DC, it's always the parents' faults. "They didn't beat him hard enough."

There are many forces that work on kids, and many forces that work on parents' ability to be at a child's side when he needs them, for guidance, and for discipline. A child's peers have an inordinate amount of influence on what a child believes, or how he/she acts. And all children have different strengths, including the strength to reject their parents' teachings.
    I'm sorry, but making excuses for her scumbag son in full knowledge of the fact that he had priors (including some for burglary) didn't grow out of a vacuum. She has almost certainly made excuses all along. Apart from actual physical or psychological abuse, there is no more damaging thing you can do to your child than to ignore or make excuses for inappropriate behavior.

This isn't some kid who has never been in trouble before, but fell in with some less than desirable friends.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Sponsored Links